Sponsored

Does the mopar 2" lift change the way it handles and drives?

jeepauug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL MOAB - STING GREY
These forums are funny....everyone loves the lift they have. lol Just get a quality lift and you'll be good to go.
Yes but that dynatrac is different. I’ve had the mopar (really nice) on my JK and the falcons on my JL. The dynatrac is unusually nice. The damping is very nice and Jeep rides flat. They’ve done a nice job.
Sponsored

Gron86

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
A lift will definitely change the way your Jeep drives and handles regardless of what anybody says. I speak from experience.
My previous Jeep had a 4” mopar lift. Honestly I don’t think I will ever lift a Jeep that tall again. It’s an absolute pain to drive on the freeway or any speed above 60mph.

Wrangler-NS

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I have the 2" Mopar lift on my JLU Sport. It drives very different from stock. I like it but my wife hates it since lifted and won't drive it. As someone stated, it is is all personal opinion.

Steamer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Like you, I was brand new to Jeep Wranglers when I picked up my 2018 Rubicon in Aug. After putting 700 miles on it and trying out a few trails around SoCal I opted for 35” tires. It drove great and I thought looked great, though fuel economy did decline. I drove it another 6,000 miles in varying terrain and speeds from 80mph on the highway to crawling up mountainous trails. After learning my needs, speaking to fellow Jeep owners with everything from zero to 4” lifts, and researching the pros/cons I opted for the Mopar lift. I’ve been very happy with my decision. The Jeep now clears obstructions on my local trails that were previously impassable (which is why I lifted it) and I honestly like the look. It corners differently for sure and you can feel that higher CG. It still handles well on the highway at 75mph (indicated as I haven’t calibrated my speedometer) but it is “different”...not necessarily any worse, though not improved either. I’m very happy with my decisions and now have 12,000 miles on it. Hope this helps.

Sponsored

Midwestguy

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Yes but that dynatrac is different. I’ve had the mopar (really nice) on my JK and the falcons on my JL. The dynatrac is unusually nice. The damping is very nice and Jeep rides flat. They’ve done a nice job.

This is good to hear...I ALMOST picked up a Mopar lift when I bought my JLUR but didnt like how high the actual “2inch” lift was (2.5”+). Glad I didnt, as 35’s on a Rubi w/mopar lift looks off to me.

Been looking heavily at dynatrac’s lift, I like what they did and how they did it. If I decide to finally lift it...it’ll be a dynatrac

QRAWLER

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Total newbie here and I'm sure there's a discussion about this in here somewhere but I can't find it. Interested in the lift kit (like the 2" mopar one) for a 2019 4 door rubicon. Does it make the suspension stiffer or put more slop in the steering (like there's more wandering?), or does it simply lift the vehicle higher? Would love a quick response from experienced owners - thanks.
It rides and drives just fine, however, you will get more like 3-3.5" inches of lift. The suspension will be a little stiffer but my steering actually improved somewhat, I'm running 35" KM3's pretty good setup
IMG_7688.JPG

Keagan

First Name
Stephani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Rubicon, 2014 Z51 Corvette Convertible, 2013 Smart Fortwo
Vehicle Showcase
I have an ‘18 JL Rubicon. I drove it from August till February stock. In February I had the dealer put on the MOPAR 2” lift and I brought them the new 35” tires/wheels. I also went with 0mm offset, while others typically would do the 20 mm (wider). You can see the mods in Keagan’s garage. My baseline is I drive Corvettes and Jeeps with my little Smart Car thrown in - so this obviously colors my opinion. I routinely drive 1.5-2.0 hours at 70-80 mph each way a couple times a week from Grafton MA to Portsmouth NH. I’ve owned a ‘96 TJ Sport, ‘08 JK Rubicon before this. The JK was a tremendous improvement for stability on road over the TJ, especially on the highway.

The JL with the lift was not as different feeling as I thought it was going to be. Not much difference on cornering. The Fox shocks to me are nicer than stock. The winter is hell on the black tarmac things they call roads here... and I thought it’s a bit nicer ride with the Fox shocks. The one area I can tell the difference is needing to be in a lower gear for highway uphill at speed. I drive a manual . At low rpm it will slow down. The tires I have are noticeably louder - and I’ve heard the comment from others that the stock Rubicon tires are pretty quiet. Otherwise I’m pretty happy with its onroad behavior.

Fatboy

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab, 2014 Rubicon X
Vehicle Showcase
A lift will definitely change the way your Jeep drives and handles regardless of what anybody says. I speak from experience.
My previous Jeep had a 4” mopar lift. Honestly I don’t think I will ever lift a Jeep that tall again. It’s an absolute pain to drive on the freeway or any speed above 60mph.
Is your Jeep now lifted? Sort of looks like it, but maybe just larger tires?

Thanks!

Gron86

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Is your Jeep now lifted? Sort of looks like it, but maybe just larger tires?

Thanks!
My profile pic is stock on 35’s, I recently installed a teraflex 1.5” spaced lift. So far I have been pleased with the results. The factory rake was eliminated which is what I wanted.

Sponsored

Brooklynjlu2018

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sahara
When you get your adjustable lcas on have them do alignment and set your castor to 6 degrees, that seems to be the sweet spot for best handling, mine is set at 6.5. And get an upgraded steering stabilizer, even you have to purchase yourself, the factory ones don’t handle the oversized wheels and tires as well imho.....:)
I will do the only thing i don’t understand is i had these wheels on it last summer and the jeep drive great. Wandered but it always did that. It was only after the lift that the wheel shakes over EVERY and i mean EVERY imperfection in the road no death wobble but. Its gonna wear the cover on the steering wheel out its like a lawnmower with a bent blade

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I will do the only thing i don’t understand is i had these wheels on it last summer and the jeep drive great. Wandered but it always did that. It was only after the lift that the wheel shakes over EVERY and i mean EVERY imperfection in the road no death wobble but. Its gonna wear the cover on the steering wheel out its like a lawnmower with a bent blade
Have them check your axles, they may be off center after the lift. Or you can check it, just measure from your coil spring housing to outside of tire on both sides on front, see if measurement is different. Here’s a buddy of mines sport after Mopar lift, he has his adjustable track bars ordered.

4BADCCDD-F1EA-4EA9-B88C-84747586DA4C.jpeg
7E4BA4DC-3A5E-4C73-8A9B-E9BED52CF0CA.jpeg

Brooklynjlu2018

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sahara
I did adj
Have them check your axles, they may be off center after the lift. Or you can check it, just measure from your coil spring housing to outside of tire on both sides on front, see if measurement is different. Here’s a buddy of mines sport after Mopar lift, he has his adjustable track bars ordered.

4BADCCDD-F1EA-4EA9-B88C-84747586DA4C.jpeg
7E4BA4DC-3A5E-4C73-8A9B-E9BED52CF0CA.jpeg
i did the adjustable track bars already axles are within a 16th of dead center

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
The lift by itself didn't really change the handling, ride, or feel when I installed mine. It was the larger tires that did that. But it didn't make it any worse, just different. Now that I'm running 37s, I'm going to replace the trackbar and draglink to accommodate the much heavier meats, but that's not a flaw with the Jeep or the lift kit. That's just the nature of demanding more out of your steering and suspension when you've more mass to spin and turn.

sprayingmango

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Moab
Occupation
Teacher
Based on the feedback in this thread I ordered the Mopar lift and front / rear Rock Krawler adjustable track bars. Having them installed next week. Can't wait!
Sponsored