Sponsored

Does the JL soft top only come with hard top wiring?

TripleB

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ (Sold), 2013 JKUS (Sold), 2015 JKUR (Sold)
Does the JL soft top only come with the hard top wiper wiring, switches and glass wash? I assume not, but wanted a soft top only owner to confirm. I know the JK soft top only didn't come with this. I only want a soft top but would like the wiring/wash just in case. I wish this was an option. I may want a Bestop Trektop Pro in the future.
Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
While waiting for an answer from a soft top owner, I'll chime in and say I hope it's true, that the JL wiring harness is the same for both hard and soft top . This would increase the Versatility for adding a hard top later, simplify production, and save $ in that we won't have to buy an expensive kit to convert to hardtop later. Here's Hoping..

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
I ordered a hardtop based on the soft top NOT having the options. I figured let them install all that and I can drop a soft top on after

Jeepncontry

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JKU Oscar Mike
Vehicle Showcase
Does the JL soft top only come with the hard top wiper wiring, switches and glass wash? I assume not, but wanted a soft top only owner to confirm. I know the JK soft top only didn't come with this. I only want a soft top but would like the wiring/wash just in case. I wish this was an option. I may want a Bestop Trektop Pro in the future.
Did you find an answer to this question?

terebi

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Red Rock Pearl JKUR; 2018 Firecracker Red JLUR
My sales guy informed me that the soft top only would not come with these options/features, so like BostonBilly, I opted for the hardtop .

Sponsored

The J)eepstate

First Name
Agent G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 3.6 Auto
Occupation
duck around and find out
No nut'n for the rear wiper included with a soft-top-only. No hose for the wiper fluid etc either, no switch to activate the rear wiper even... or then I wouldn't have found the later on my MY2019

Can confirm on the mounting holes for the hardtop though, they were there.

Wouldn't order a soft-top-only when you already know you want a hardtop, the FCA-configurator-$ you're supposedly saving initially, you will probably pay twice by the time you have a take-off hardtop, all the wires, hoses, other parts & switches and computer flash added to your Jeep. Not accounting for mental health costs as one unforeseen thing usally leads to the next one and then supply chain issues take a dump on top of everything just f'ing because...
Also the GPS unit had to be relocated from the center of my roll/soundbar so the Ursa Minor Campertop would fit. Not sure if that's required for a regular hardtop though...

But still: Same story as people ordering the halogen candles for headlights and then open 50 threads after they ended up spending close to FCA-Configurator-bucks anyway, only their FCA mechanics now can't get the OEM LED's to work properly still after already ramping up quite the labor-bill:clap:

Or get a hardtop-only-build from the factory and then buy whatever aftermarket soft-top you want...

Last edited:

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
Order the dual top option, the jeep will come with the hardtop on and all the hook ups etc, you can always sell your softop if you don’t want it for like & 1,200 to $ 1,500 the difference of hardtop to dual top option is like $ 900 a believe

linux_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 6-speed manual, 2011 Compass 5-speed manual
Ask dealer to quote with hard top and installation. I did that for my soft top JL. Not sure what soft tops go for, but an unused one may have some value. Mine adorns my fireplace.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
No nut'n for the rear wiper included with a soft-top-only. No hose for the wiper fluid etc either, no switch to activate the rear wiper even... or then I wouldn't have found the later on my MY2019

Can confirm on the mounting holes for the hardtop though, they were there.

Wouldn't order a soft-top-only when you already know you want a hardtop, the FCA-configurator-$ you're supposedly saving initially, you will probably pay twice by the time you have a take-off hardtop, all the wires, hoses, other parts & switches and computer flash added to your Jeep. Not accounting for mental health costs as one unforeseen thing usally leads to the next one and then supply chain issues take a dump on top of everything just f'ing because...
Also the GPS unit had to be relocated from the center of my roll/soundbar so the Ursa Minor Campertop would fit. Not sure if that's required for a regular hardtop though...

But still: Same story as people ordering the halogen candles for headlights and then open 50 threads after they ended up spending close to FCA-Configurator-bucks anyway, only their FCA mechanics now can't get the OEM LED's to work properly still after already ramping up quite the labor-bill:clap:

Or get a hardtop-only-build from the factory and then buy whatever aftermarket soft-top you want...
I hear about it's about $300 for the harness.
As a soft top owner who bought a used hard top, you don't need the rear wiper. The top otherwise bolts right up.
Sponsored