Sponsored

Does the jeep wave include the Gladiator too?

Robieman

First Name
Robie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150; Sharron's 2020Grand Cherokee
I have a Gladiator, and love it. I wave at every Wrangler or Gladiator I see, key word being "see"!! And admit, even for me, it can be difficult to tell if a Wrangler or Gladiator, till they are pretty close. I do get a fair amount of return waves, and a lot initiated by the other driver. Sometimes it seems as if some of the Gladiator drivers don't wave, but I wonder if it's because it's their first Jeep, and are unaware. I think a lot of salesman aren't aware or telling new Jeep owners of the "code"! My first Wrangler, the salesman was a Jeep guy, so he told me about the wave. These days, the dealers seem to hire anyone and have them selling vehicles, that don't know that much about them.
Sponsored

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
I would not be offended either way, but I do wave at them. It doesn't matter what they call it, the reality is it's a Wrangler truck and it's pretty cool. I just wish they made a 2 door.

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
this reminds me of the jeepsunlimited forums back in the day. TJs were brand new and there was a huge debate between all the previous gen owners without coil springs doubting the Jeep-ness of TJs. One of the most replied to posts ever on there.

my advice is to wave. Gladiators can do damn near everything a JL can plus some things it can’t.
besides one day all the electric only Jeeps may be up for approval in the club, just like the TJs. You’ll need JT owners to get your back. i personally want a wrangler but I’m single and I can’t justify more than two vehicles. the gladiator has tax advantages and can do all the truck stuff I need it to.

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
I wave at them also but it is my experience they know nothing about the Jeep wave and limited amounts of waving back.
That holds true for half the new JL owners as well, waves are hard to come by in So Cal.

MYAMIA

First Name
MyA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara JL 2018
So i drive a 18 jl, n the jeep wave is cool but i sometimes wave back at what i think is another wrangler comin my way but as it passes i see the truck bed n im like oh damn, i thought the wave was only amongst wranglers. Is there like an etiquette for that or what? Just curious is all.
I do wave them. Though they wont wave back most of the time. I am pretty sure they will leart to little by little

Sponsored

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
So i drive a 18 jl, n the jeep wave is cool but i sometimes wave back at what i think is another wrangler comin my way but as it passes i see the truck bed n im like oh damn, i thought the wave was only amongst wranglers. Is there like an etiquette for that or what? Just curious is all.
I tend to wave at Gladiators... they're either hogging the lane because they're slow or they're coming head on because the drivers are only so called and I wave them out of my way.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not waving at a bunch of homos driving trucks. I also only wave at 1/2 of YJs because their headlights are square, but they were made by AMC so they should get a little respect for taking on that bag of shit.

I also Won’t wave at stock JKs, they’ve had time to mod it and they’re just lazy so no wave for you.

For some reason black Jeeps won’t wave back, so I dont wave at any of those.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Does anyone really care who waves at whom? Why would anyone place rules or etiquette around friendly gestures? Why would we even discuss a topic that doesn't have any bearing on how you conduct yourselves?

I'm from New York originally so I have to ask the question, "who gives a shit about a wave?"

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
I’m not waving at a bunch of homos driving trucks. I also only wave at 1/2 of YJs because their headlights are square, but they were made by AMC so they should get a little respect for taking on that bag of shit.

I also Won’t wave at stock JKs, they’ve had time to mod it and they’re just lazy so no wave for you.

For some reason black Jeeps won’t wave back, so I dont wave at any of those.
Don't BLACK JEEPS MATTER?

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
“Joey, do you like to watch movies about gladiators?”

Capt. Clarence Oveur

Sponsored

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
I wave, when its coming towards me i cant tell if its a Wrangler or a Gladiator till it almost past. Than it gone if i don't wave and it's a Wrangler they may think i am stuck up. One thing i do know is its a Jeep.

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
Its called the Jeep Wave, not the Wrangler Wave. I occasionally wave to Wranglers and other GCs when I'm driving my GC.

VooDoo1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S, 2007 FJ Cruiser
I give them half a wave. Half a wave for the front half, a Wrangler. No wave for the back half, which is a Ram truck.
Sponsored