Sponsored

Does the Jeep owner's manual have a "map" of the controls on the dash and steering column?

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Hi,
I was reading through the manual while no where near my Jeep. The manual occasionally refers to a "switch" "if equipped", but I can't find any documentation that shows the location of the switches. The TCS/ESC switch is an example.

Today I was reading about HDC and the manual mentions a HDC switch, if equipped. I thought it would be easy to use the manual to find the switch location, but the info does not seem to be forthcoming.

I know that it would be easy enough to sit in the Jeep and find the switch, but when I am no where near it and just reading the manual, I have tried to use the find feature on my pdf reader to search for any mention of these locations but do not find the info.

I guess I expect to find a simple illustration of the dash or steering column controls and see a bunch of labels and pointers mapping out the locations, but after looking for such information I keep missing it.

FWIW, I am not completely hopeless, I just read page 119, so I do know where my cup holders are located.

What am I missing, is there a page that I have not found in the manual?

Thank you!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Yellow Cake Kid

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
It might be found somewhere in the Internal Storage system.

For example; from page 118 of the owners manual:

Glove Compartment
The glove compartment is located on the passenger side of the instrument panel.
To open the glove compartment, pull the release handle.

WARNING!
Do not operate this vehicle with a glove compartment in the open position. Driving with the glove compartment open may result in injury in a collision.

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
Hi,
I was reading through the manual while no where near my Jeep. The manual occasionally refers to a "switch" "if equipped", but I can't find any documentation that shows the location of the switches. The TCS/ESC switch is an example.
I don't recall anything in the owner's manual or quick start guide that maps the entire dash on one diagram, although I know what you mean as other vehicles I've owned have had them. What I can tell you from memory though is that the HDC switch, and other similar safety switches (Stability control, etc. ) are located under the HVAC controls on the center dash. The HDC switch is shown below:

Jeep Wrangler JL Does the Jeep owner's manual have a "map" of the controls on the dash and steering column? 1600269277407

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Weird that they don't show the button like they do for others.

ESC/TCS button is in red. push for partial off, hold for 5 sec for full off.

Jeep Wrangler JL Does the Jeep owner's manual have a "map" of the controls on the dash and steering column? ESC

Sponsored

OP
OP
Yellow Cake Kid

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
When I first read about the TCS/ESC options I had to walk out to the Jeep and look for the button.

That was when I began to realize that the manual may not have these locations specified.

I had started reading the manual before I even possessed the Jeep. In an instance such as that it would be helpful if the manual had enough information to serve as a free standing resource.

Anyways, now I know where the Hill Descent Control button is. I have realized that I used to know where it was, and subsequently forgot. This may not be the last time I wonder where it is. :)

Thank you!

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
When I first read about the TCS/ESC options I had to walk out to the Jeep and look for the button.

That was when I began to realize that the manual may not have these location specified.

I had started reading the manual before I even possessed the Jeep. In an instance such as that it would be helpful if the manual had enough information to serve as a free standing resource.

Anyways, now I know where the Hillclimb assist button is. I have realized that I used to know where it was, and subsequently forgot. This may not be the last time I wonder where it is. :)

Thank you!
No worries! These things happen. If you need anything else let me know!!

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link

That was when I began to realize that the manual may not have these location specified.

Anyways, now I know where the Hillclimb assist button is. I have realized that I used to know where it was, and subsequently forgot. This may not be the last time I wonder where it is. :)

Thank you!
FYI that button is hill descent control, the opposite of what you describe. It’s used along with the shifter in manual mode when you want to crawl down a very steep incline extremely slowly without riding the brake pedal. I think the gears allow speeds of 0.6 mph to 4.something in small increments with each gear change. Great for playing in the rocks.

OP
OP
Yellow Cake Kid

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Yes, of course, I made a careless error in nomenclature in the previous post, and I just corrected it to clarify the facts.

The HDC button is for the Hill Descent Control which was the subject of the inquiry that initiated my original post.

Good catch.

Thank you!
Sponsored