Sponsored

Does the Gladiator seem just 'meh' to anyone else?

ECHO

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL Rubicon - Black
Occupation
Retired Air Force - Currently in my Dream Job
it's NOT a WRANGLER so I don't have any interest in it...
Sponsored

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
Probably one of the nicest pickup trucks I've ever driven was a Ram Rebel late last year. This thing would have blown my old Ram Big Horn out of the water and it still had thousands of dollars worth of options that weren't on it. Truck shopping can get expensive if you go the luxury route. lol.
And if I had the money, a Rebel, would be my dream truck, but I can't see myself using it to haul around bricks or cut up lumber. :)

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
And if I had the money, a Rebel, would be my dream truck, but I can't see myself using it to haul around bricks or cut up lumber. :)
I'd definitely need the rubber floor mats to help keep the interior clean when I'd take it mudding. There's no way I'd let those Duratracs stay clean for very long, lol.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
I'll read the rest later, but I was all for it until I thought about how a 2dr would really suit me better.

I like em, don't get me wrong, but if I don't need to tow, why get a truck when I can get a Jeep?

Sponsored

Dmene

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara jlu
Was originally going to buy it till I saw it in person....the truck bed is out of proportion with the rest of the vehicle. Way too shallow reminded me of my friends cub cadet. Glad I got a 19 JLU Sahara.

Hawkspring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2017 F450, 1986 Toyota Pickup
In the days of my Tacoma ownership it would have been compelling, but with a full size truck the Wrangler completes the garage. I wonder what the Toyota Tacoma crowd thinks? I did not think my 2005 lived up to the legendary reliability. Lots of issues with the frame and leaf spring steel.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
I bought a gladiator and love it. Would have loved to have a 2 door with a 6’ bed, but the room in the rear passenger area is great for people hauling.

6A4A0701-7984-4B96-947B-7B2E5FF39ABE.jpeg
Not gonna lie, if I didn't need the Ram but still a truck, I'd get one in a heartbeat, they're beautiful

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
For a 2-dr, sĂ­. But a 4-dr, no es bueno

Exactly , it's not really a typical work pick up truck and so why the 4dr? It could be definitely a great overlander with a short 2 dr cab.

Nomod

First Name
Brien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S; '05 Pontiac GTO; '12 MBenz GLK; '99 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan; all purchased new - I tend to keep vehicles a long time
It's fully loaded to me. When you got all the creature comforts you need like power windows, locks, mirrors, push button 4 wheel drive, and a uconnect system for your phone, it's fully loaded. I grew up in the 80's when they still put crank windows in vehicles as standard equipment, sorry, but in my eyes those big horns they had on the lot were fully loaded. I don't need a truck to wipe my nose, I can do that myself.
I knew what you meant. I grew up in the '40s and '50s when fully loaded meant you'd get a radio. I'm still at the point that my Sport S has features I don't use and my wife's Benz is a pure electronic puzzle. As for the Gladiator, I get why some like 'em and some don't. I think it would be useful for overlanding and camping with a tent on the pickup bed, but I don't see it particularly useful as a pickup truck. For my use as a daily driver and for trips, the JLU is more practical, but I know there are users for whom the JT is the best choice. As I don't see the Wrangler, in any configuration, as particularly 'aesthetically pleasing' - for want of a better term - I can't condemn the JT on that basis.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Love my gladiator over all. All the good of a wrangler with a pick up bed. Exactly what i wanted.

i wasnt cross shopping wranglers. I was cross shopping the BroComa. The gladitor was better in every respect from the other midsize offerings.

what i wanted was basically a defender pickup or a 76series pickup like i had in africa. The gladiator is the only vehicle in the US market that fit that niche.
Sponsored