Sponsored

Does the dealer flashing or updating the SW hurt my Superchips?

Woodynj

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
If I leave my Superchips tuner plugged in and the dealer has to do a flash ( recently had the steering gear box replaced) Will it mess anything up?
@Superchips_Mrktg @Superchips JL
Sponsored

Superchips_Mrktg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
If I leave my Superchips tuner plugged in and the dealer has to do a flash ( recently had the steering gear box replaced) Will it mess anything up?
@Superchips_Mrktg @Superchips JL
It's going to depend on which device you're using. Our Pulsar device would not be affected by a dealer flash. Our Flashapq device on the other hand, which is flashed in to the ECM, would be overwritten by the dealer if they were to update your ECM. If they flash over the Superchips file, the Flashpaq will no longer recognize the file and you'd need to contact our tech support team to recover the files. So to avoid any possible headache, we would always suggest returning to factory settings before making a stop at the dealer.

OP
OP
Woodynj

Woodynj

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
It's going to depend on which device you're using. Our Pulsar device would not be affected by a dealer flash. Our Flashapq device on the other hand, which is flashed in to the ECM, would be overwritten by the dealer if they were to update your ECM. If they flash over the Superchips file, the Flashpaq will no longer recognize the file and you'd need to contact our tech support team to recover the files. So to avoid any possible headache, we would always suggest returning to factory settings before making a stop at the dealer.
Sorry should have been specific. Using the FlashCal ...So I am good?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Woodynj

Woodynj

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Ye, I would recommend returning to factory settings and removing the Bypass before the dealer performs any PCM updates.
Well too late for that...curious if leaving it in has any side effects.

Superchips_Mrktg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
Well too late for that...curious if leaving it in has any side effects.
No, there should not be any issues. The Bypass Module may just limit what the dealer can access or update.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Are all the weird issues people were having with the pulsar resolved yet?

i was looking at them in the summer time and there wasnt a thread to be found on it that wasnt someone with a problem or selling it.

Sponsored

MattT69

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Does the Flashpaq have a setting to account for the Dynomax muffler delete in a JLR 2L turbo with the 48v e-torque @Superchips_Mrktg ?

Also will the HP & Torque numbers be affected by this muffler delete and if so how (positive or negative)? THX

Superchips_Mrktg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
Does the Flashpaq have a setting to account for the Dynomax muffler delete in a JLR 2L turbo with the 48v e-torque @Superchips_Mrktg ?

Also will the HP & Torque numbers be affected by this muffler delete and if so how (positive or negative)? THX
We haven't built a tune specific for exhaust upgrades, but as long as you're instlalling a better flowing (or removing all together in this case) you shouldn't see any negative effects whatsoever. We actually run the Flowmaster intake and Delta axle back exhaust on our 2.0L Jeep with the standard Flashpaq tuning and have excellent results with that package as a whole.
Sponsored