Does the dealer flashing or updating the SW hurt my Superchips?

Woodynj

First Name
Justin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
If I leave my Superchips tuner plugged in and the dealer has to do a flash ( recently had the steering gear box replaced) Will it mess anything up?
@Superchips_Mrktg @Superchips JL

Advertisement

Superchips_Mrktg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jacob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
If I leave my Superchips tuner plugged in and the dealer has to do a flash ( recently had the steering gear box replaced) Will it mess anything up?
@Superchips_Mrktg @Superchips JL
It's going to depend on which device you're using. Our Pulsar device would not be affected by a dealer flash. Our Flashapq device on the other hand, which is flashed in to the ECM, would be overwritten by the dealer if they were to update your ECM. If they flash over the Superchips file, the Flashpaq will no longer recognize the file and you'd need to contact our tech support team to recover the files. So to avoid any possible headache, we would always suggest returning to factory settings before making a stop at the dealer.

OP
Woodynj

Woodynj

First Name
Justin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
It's going to depend on which device you're using. Our Pulsar device would not be affected by a dealer flash. Our Flashapq device on the other hand, which is flashed in to the ECM, would be overwritten by the dealer if they were to update your ECM. If they flash over the Superchips file, the Flashpaq will no longer recognize the file and you'd need to contact our tech support team to recover the files. So to avoid any possible headache, we would always suggest returning to factory settings before making a stop at the dealer.
Sorry should have been specific. Using the FlashCal ...So I am good?

Advertisement

Northridge4x4

Advertisement