Does the auto start stop system put more wear on motor

545moose

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
Is it possible to disengage the Auto start/stop all together, or would anyone? Seems it does more good than not; but I don't like the annoyance of the lag and pause of how it feels.
Sponsored

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Is it possible to disengage the Auto start/stop all together, or would anyone? Seems it does more good than not; but I don't like the annoyance of the lag and pause of how it feels.
Yes. There are modules available on the aftermarket that allows the system to remember the last ESS status selection, such as "AutoStop Eliminator".

JamC12H23

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Diesel
I don't think ESS on the JLU 3.0 L diesel does any harm, as the vehicle was designed for ESS. But I do find it very annoying when I pull into my garage, then stop the vehicle, then the engine stops, then I put the shifter into Park, then the engine restarts, then I turn off the engine. What a waist.

I like to control the operation of my engine. Not some computer that has no idea that I am home and parking in my garage.
Drives me nuts too. I find myself pushing the button when I pull into my neighborhood to avoid it. Other than that I hope the system is smart enough to only engage when it has met a bunch of criteria such as a cool turbo.

Deleted member 73239

All I know is in the Phoenix area when it shuts off and it’s 115 or above your AC output temperature feels like a golden shower out your vents it sucks. I use the AutoStop Eliminator without regrets. F&$k this EPA Green New Deal horse shit. At the very least is has to be hard on your starter motor if not other components. Might be fine in cooler climates but it blows goats in the SW.
Sponsored