Sponsored

Does nobody love bare bones Jeeps anymore?!

OP
OP
Benw711

Benw711

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Jeep Wrangler Willys Sport
Why stop there? Replace the engine with some hay bales and hitch a team of horses to the front bumper. You’d be a rock star in Amish country!
The worst part is, I live right in the middle of Amish country...
Lancaster, PA!
Sponsored

bgrex

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara Altitude - Sting Gray
The worst part is, I live right in the middle of Amish country...
Lancaster, PA!
Haha! That’s awesome...well you come by your aversion to modern tech and conveniences honestly then! That’s some of the most beautiful farmland and countryside in the US, so maybe minimalism is not all bad. :)

20-Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
What's funny is when you're in one of the other cars and start reaching for the window crank!

Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

Bruce Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Willys, 2021 Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude
i really dont like that they put carpet in them.. i dont want hemi and fancy stereo..

a no carpet and high reliability option, that does not have goofy second battery, avoids anything that is not needed and breaks, has the better alternator, stronger steering, stronger drive shafts...

over build and get rid of all fluff
Yeah, I find the carpeting choice annoying. Vinyl/rubber floors should be standard on the Wrangler with optional carpeting. I get that it's easily removable, but I don't want to drive around in a stripped out metal shell either like some kid in an old Civic trying to save weight to race minivans. Plus its the hardest carpeting to remove dog hair from that I've ever owned.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Just me?!

I've had some higher end Jeeps but it seems like everyone loves the Sport S and above now a days lol. I currently have a '18 2dr Sport in Punk'n and a 2dr Willys Sport in Snazzberry on order. I love bare bones Jeeps... crank windows, manual locks, soft top and manual! Who is with me? :like:
my 2019 is a sport base model, which is my daily driver. 3.6 with 8 spd auto. the only option i got is the hard top, xm, and a/c. believe it or not i got this one off the lot right down to the granite color that i wanted. i love the manual locks and hand crank windows i came from a 07 grand cherokee and didnt use half of the options on that. i said to myself i wanted no bells and whistles. i wanted to simplify things and avoided any cost that could come up down the road with any of the options. which started to happen with the cherokee. i'm one of those guy that wants a wrangler for function vs appearance.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I'm a convertible lover and there's no way in hell I'm getting out to crank down all 4 windows, then removing all of my rear windows just to go back up front to undo all the latches, and get out again to perform several more steps to fold the top all the way down, BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! Don't forget to velcro strap the entire top down so it doesn't turn into a parachute.

Time is money and life is short ~Smiles per gallon

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
I agree. I'm always a bit surprised in the options threads to see people pour on practically everything. It's just not my style even if it wasn't a Jeep. Only option I splurged on was Alpine.
I'm the opposite. I get damn near every option possible. It does make me think twice when things like my last car cost nearly twice base price...then I ignore that and look at the toys I bought.

Sponsored

bbq4133

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Granite Crystal 6MT
I like some creature comforts, but do prefer it to be as spartan as possible notwithstanding those comforts.

They'll also pry the stick shift out of my cold, dead hands.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

i got a base sport as i had planned to remove the doors anyways. well, that hasnt happened yet it in 2 years of ownership lol. and then i realized how i could use power windows when talking to a spotter on a trail or my 3 year old complaining about her window not being down or enough, etc..

and then also saw the cool digital screen between the gauges we miss out on as well.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Nope! Fully loaded for me...like the creature comforts and tech.
What about all that smooth and sweet cream one finds in a mercedes or citroen ? I think Jeep may be too uncomfy for very few.

18JL

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Owned a 2018 2dr Jeep Jl Sport for two years. Had A/C option + hardtop (canadian winters).
After two years of owning my first jeep, i decided to upgrade to a lightly used 2018 4 door Sahara basically fully loaded to the brink with all the packages and options i wanted. I loved the sport, but honestly got a bit annoyed of the roll down windows. Ultimately, would've kept the sport if i didn't need the 4 doors.

On a side note, while trying to sell my sport guess the biggest thing that deterred potential buyers? ...Roll down windows.....😂
Sponsored