Sponsored

Does it Fit the 392? Parts Fitment List

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
I swapped over everything from my old JL: axles, lift, shocks, tire carrier, sliders, bumpers, etc… Everything fits fine.

2 things didn’t: Switch Pros underhood mount, had to order the SDHQ one (could have easily fabbed one myself). Metal Cloak lift fits, with a couple changes - The front spring rates are different, so you have to change springs, and the front upper control arm mounts hit the motor mounts at full stuff- so that’s the limiter you need to set your bumps for. I also had to get new sway bar links front and rear to set angles correct.
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
AEV Rear Bumper and Tire Carrier Fit

EKOM6617.JPG
This picture saved me, haha. I was about to remove the mopar hinge reinforcement! Took two bolts out, they use some sort of locking crush washer behind it the T40 bolts. Not sure if it's painted behind that reinforcement bracket.

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
Mine didn’t have any washers behind the tapered Torx bolts. And there is no paint behind the hinges.

cgrosen324

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
This picture saved me, haha. I was about to remove the mopar hinge reinforcement! Took two bolts out, they use some sort of locking crush washer behind it the T40 bolts. Not sure if it's painted behind that reinforcement bracket.
Unfortunately the AEV fuel caddy won’t fit an XR because of the mopar tailgate reinforcement. I was ready to purchase the whole setup - bumper, tire carrier and fuel caddy until I found out about the fitment issue. Pretty bummed and still looking for fuel carrier solutions.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately the AEV fuel caddy won’t fit an XR because of the mopar tailgate reinforcement. I was ready to purchase the whole setup - bumper, tire carrier and fuel caddy until I found out about the fitment issue. Pretty bummed and still looking for fuel carrier solutions.
The tailgate reinforcement can be removed I think, but you'll probably have to get some body work as it might NOT be painted behind it. Overall, I'll probably just carry fuel cans, as I'll likely step up to 39's anyway.

Last edited:

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine didn’t have any washers behind the tapered Torx bolts. And there is no paint behind the hinges.
Weird, mine has crush washers.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did anyone that installed the AEV tire carrier/bumper notice that the u bolts that tie the corners to the frame will not torque to 43 lb without causing the tabs to bend? I started them and realized very quickly with torque (not a lot, maybe 10-15 foot pounds) the tab started wanting to bend, so I stopped. They're put on correctly, as there's only one place for the ubolts to go with the center m14 installed through the frame rail. My buddy said it was fine if they bend, but to me that seems wrong, as I'd imagine you will never get them to 43 lb without them breaking off.

See attached. The bottom of the ubolt attaches through there, with an m10 nut on the end. If you start torqueing to the 43 lb (as instructions say), that tab wants to bend inwards (towards the center of the vehicle). Makes sense, since that tab sits lower the frame rail. Just seemed odd to me, but maybe it's indeed designed to wrap around the frame. The concern was that for it to do that, seemed like it would actually fall off before wrapping fully lol.

You can see the second shot from the other side what I mean (also note how the exhaust sits higher on driver side -- I took off the tail pipe to get the corner on, installing magnaflow so entire cat back exhaust will come off anyway).

Jeep Wrangler JL Does it Fit the 392? Parts Fitment List aev392

392aev2.jpg

EbyCreek

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392
Occupation
ARMY (Retired)
Had the same problem on my install, I tightened them until they started to bend and then stopped.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had the same problem on my install, I tightened them until they started to bend and then stopped.
Ok, that makes me feel a bit better ha. I just can't see that supposed to be wrapping around the frame as if those tabs bend enough, I'd imagine they'd just straight up crack off. But maybe not.

cgrosen324

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
The tailgate reinforcement can be removed I think, but you'll probably have to get some body work as it might NOT be painted behind it. Overall, I'll probably just carry fuel cans, as I'll likely step up to 39's anyway.
I thought about going that route but decided against it because of potential paint issues.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought about going that route but decided against it because of potential paint issues.
Makes sense. Not ideal. If I had planned to 100% stick with 37's I'd probably go the route, but will not bother now. I figure I can always change my mind later as nothing from the install prevents me.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you have parksense? I'm onto that step now but before I drill I wanted to ensure I understand how the sensor seats. I'm going to use the center bumper as an example, just need to disconnect the sensor itself from the harness, which I'm struggling to do -- even with the gray tab depressed. ugh, lol.

Last edited:

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
Sorry if this one is already on here, Epyx steps n-fab fit!

CBFAB78A-1A39-45B8-A1EF-F429EE29CD6E.jpeg

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you have parksense? I'm onto that step now but before I drill I wanted to ensure I understand how the sensor seats. I'm going to use the center bumper as an example, just need to disconnect the sensor itself from the harness, which I'm struggling to do -- even with the gray tab depressed. ugh, lol.
Well I got the sensors off the harness, those damn white tabs are a pain in the ass at first if you haven't detached them before. Mine really didn't want to come out at first. Now onto the scary part of drilling through the plastic corners.

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
This one is likely somewhere on this tread or another, anyway! The Mopar light brackets that mount to panel behind the hoood/near the windshield for flood lamps does not fit. Figured that one out today. Parts guy is calling Mopar Monday to see if there is a Mopar solution. If not plan B on those lights.
Sponsored