Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
Why can't FedEx manage to deliver anything on-time?! Yesterday was the third time in a month that FedEx has failed to deliver my package within the scheduled delivery commitment. This one was 2-day select. Yesterday they had no info for me; today they say it is in SLC but they don't expect it to be delivered until Friday. "Due to COVID..." BS! UPS doesn't have any issue getting me packages on-time. USPS is even good 80% of the time. But man, FedEx sucks.

Anytime something ships FedEx there are service failures. Every. Single. Time. Why bother even offering scheduled deliveries? Why not just offer "get it there when we feel like it" service, as that is what they seem capable of delivering.

I get that each area has franchise contractors that do the final delivery, but FedEx doesn't seem to hold them accountable in the least. Or maybe they do but they just don't care because they are it? The northern Utah franchise has been a hot mess for the 2 decades I've been here and they don't even pretend to care.

And I get that especially smaller businesses get sucked into the FedEx web of lies because of the incentives dangled, but please, retailers, wise up! FedEx sucks and it reflects poorly on you as the seller/shipper.

I'm guessing this is the case nationally, but I'd love to hear if anyone else lives somewhere that FedEx isn't a royal f*ckup delivery service. Of if you just need a "safe place" to vent (like me), I'm sure you won't be mocked too badly here.
Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Fedex is the worst for sure

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
I've noticed that the last month or so, pretty much all shipments have been late whether through UPS, USPS, or FedEx. I don't know what is going on, as we ordered a LOT during the early stages of Covid when everything was shut down, and things often got delivered early (yes, even Amazon two day deliveries sometimes showed up a day early).

I've looked at the tracking, and I can say that several items that were late took way too long to show up at UPS/USPS/FedEx. I would order it for two day delivery. The label would be created that day or the next, but it didn't arrive at the shipping facility for like a week. I had one that apparently never made it to UPS from the seller. Amazon gave me a refund on that. So I'm not sure who to blame. This all assumes the tracking information is correct.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Hey, where I live neither Fedex nor UPS deliver on Saturdays or Sundays, and almost never on time from either. Fedex does manage to not beat up the boxes as badly though, so there's that at least.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Are you in MD? Joke. On-time, Intact, not beat to hell? SMH. FedEx is terrible everywhere.

Sponsored

OP
OP
GearWhore

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
FedEx has been terrible in Utah since I moved here. I'd say literally only 15-20% on-time. I don't get how they stay in business with their constant service failures other than not enough people/vendors complain and ask for their money back.

FedEx today blamed their delays on COVID and "increased shipping demand," but somehow UPS and even USPS haven't had issue being on-time, and yes, even early in some cases. Amazon has gone from hit-or-miss to nearly always on-time too (I guess that's one benefit to the state giving them huge tax incentives to warehouse here).

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
In my experience during the pandemic, UPS has been the most reliable, followed by USPS and then FedEx. And FedEx was the worst, by far.

FedEx has been a lot better in recent weeks, though.

This is in Atlanta.

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly
They spent about 2 weeks shipping my front bumper and winch from RockHard in Nebraska, down the east coast, then back up to Nitro, WV, where they then called me to come pick it up. I'm north of Seattle. Took over a week for them to get it to somewhere near me where I decided to drive to end the madness. RH was so embarrassed, they refunded my shipping costs, even though FedEx didn't refund it to them. My rear bumper is due to be shipped from RH any day now. I hope they use a better shipper.

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
I haven't had any problems with late FedEx deliveries, just ones dropped off at the wrong address and forging my signature.

One one occasion, I received a text saying that my package had been delivered. Looked out on the front porch and no package but the text did have a link that showed a pic of my package next to a front door. It wasn't my front door. I did not recognize the door but after walking around a bit I found it at a neighbor's house.

Another time, I was expecting the arrival of a $1,200 item that had a signature required. I was home all day and I happened to glance out the window around noon and noticed a package sitting there, right at the edge of the porch where anyone waling/driving by could plainly see it. It was my $1,200 item. I received a text about 4 hours later that said it had been delivered and that I had signed for it.

Since FedEx apparently does not have a customer feedback option on their website I wrote a USPS letter to them and said that I do not appreciate it when someone forges my signature on an expensive item and a few other things. I never heard anything about it.

chacomaya

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2013 VW Golf R, 2016 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT, 2015 KTM 500EXC
Vehicle Showcase
I have noticed a major decline in Fedex delivery reliability in the past several months, too. I had attributed it to them prioritizing shipments of the vaccine, but that no longer seems to be an excuse. I have not had a single Fedex delivery arrive on time in at least the past 10 shipments.

Sponsored

whiskey jack

First Name
marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jl
I rethink any order when I find out its shipping with FedEx and I explain that to any retailer who bothers to ask. I try and use UPS when possible.

Crawldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr wrangler rubicon, '18 Ram3500
all my deliveries in 2020 UPS/FedEx/USPS were fine... until Nov 23 i think was the date

then about 3 days before Thanksgiving, i ordered something. It was shipped the same day USPS. I did not receive until Dec 23.
it was shipped in Utah. Arrived in Baltimore about a week later. The package was listed as being in Baltimore for about 3 weeks.

since then i started having problems with UPS and FedEx as well. not as bad, but worse than it was for last year. USPS still remains unbelievably bad.

OP
OP
GearWhore

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
I built some concrete forms in my front yard a couple years ago and then other projects consumed my time/money/interest for a while (finally poured last October). Last summer a USPS driver short-cut through the forms to drop a package on the door and cut his leg on a rebar stake heading back to his LLV. The adjacent driveway would've added all of 10 steps to his route but instead he hurt himself hopscotching forms. USPS local post master decided we shouldn't get delivery after that until several rounds of complaints to higher-ups.

Then they decided that if anything was within 10' of our curb-side mailbox they wouldn't bother delivering either (though the carrier has to get out of their vehicle for 80% of the other houses on our street). Only found out because they wrote on a few letters that they were undeliverable because of blocked access. I spraypainted a 10' radius off the mailbox to prove we were outside their imaginary regulation. If anything touches that line we won't get mail, but the carrier will still deliver to neighbor's box on the same post. I've actually watched them do it, even while offering a friendly wave and "hi" to them (with no acknowledgement or response).

Now they look for any reason not to deliver. Except when we have a substitute carrier. Then we get smiles, nods, and our mail!

Still beats FedEx though!

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
I ordered some wheels almost two weeks ago with Discount Tire....said it is due to Fed Ex issues as to why it is taking so long.....my brother in law is a VP for them so I can't complain much because I get the friends and family pricing, so I call him to complain:devil:

He said that many vendors and shipping companies are having issues finding people to work right now because the feds are still dolling out too much money for unemployment and people are just taking advantage of it as long as they can....

It's time to cut off the extra money the feds are giving on top of the states or these places will continue to struggle. Hopefully the fed will cut off the extended benefits soon.

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly
I ordered some wheels almost two weeks ago with Discount Tire....said it is due to Fed Ex issues as to why it is taking so long.....my brother in law is a VP for them so I can't complain much because I get the friends and family pricing, so I call him to complain:devil:

He said that many vendors and shipping companies are having issues finding people to work right now because the feds are still dolling out too much money for unemployment and people are just taking advantage of it as long as they can....

It's time to cut off the extra money the feds are giving on top of the states or these places will continue to struggle. Hopefully the fed will cut off the extended benefits soon.
wages.jpg
Sponsored