Sponsored

Does estimated build date = estimated ship date?

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
I just received an update on my Jeep which I ordered on May 7. Was told that the estimated build date is June 4. I read somewhere that this is the same thing as the estimated ship date. That seems counter-intuitive, but is it correct?
Sponsored

Farmdawg

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
I just received an update on my Jeep which I ordered on May 7. Was told that the estimated build date is June 4. I read somewhere that this is the same thing as the estimated ship date. That seems counter-intuitive, but is it correct?
I think you have it backwards. The estimated ship date has long been inferred to be he actual build date.

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
Pretty sure that estimated ship date refers to the target date to leave the assembly line, or in other words, be shipped out the factory door. That has nothing to do with transit. Once out of the factory, the vehicle will go to a third party for headliner installation, if you ordered that, or it may go into I status, meaning a quality issue has been found that needs to be repaired. Once through all of that, it goes to another third party that has the contract for delivery. FCA admits that their delivery contractor is backlogged so delivery times are currently unpredictable.
Sponsored