Sponsored

Does anyone travel with 3 kids in the backseat?

Gator800r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LMM Duramax in search of JLUR
I have 3 kids age 12,10,8 do you think the kids will be to cramped back there? Before I actually order one I would take the kids to the dealership and see first hand how much room there is with them in back but Im just looking for current owners with kids feedback. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

HiJinx69

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL, 2014 Mazda 6, 2010 Honda Odyssey, Yamaha FZ-09
I have 3 kids age 12,10,8 do you think the kids will be to cramped back there? Before i were actually order one i would take the kids to the dealership and see first hand how much room there is with them in back but im just looking for current owners with kids feedback. Thanks in advance.
I have 3 kids, all about the same age as yours. They fit just fine. They love riding in it. The only issue, when one falls asleep and leans another. But, that's another story. Cheers!

Zoobie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I have a 6, 8, and 10 year old... they all fit great, in fact the back on the JL is bigger than the JK so they are very happy with the JLU... and I let them pick the molle attachments so they could customize their environment.

landshark

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
I have 3 kids age 12,10,8 do you think the kids will be to cramped back there? Before I actually order one I would take the kids to the dealership and see first hand how much room there is with them in back but Im just looking for current owners with kids feedback. Thanks in advance.
I just knocked out a five hour road trip with three kids in the back seat (12, 5, 4). Two car seats. A headrest mounted tablet. Plenty of room for everyone. No problem. The back seat in the JL really isn't cramped.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I've got 8, 6, 4 year olds. Two in boosters. Plenty of room. Kids actually talk about how it's not as cramped as their aunt's JK.

Sponsored

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport, JT Mojave, Sold JLU Sport S
Occupation
Cigar & IPA Snob
17 yr old triplets (today's their b-day), plenty of room. I sit in the back sometimes and have more room than other vehicles I've had. They added 2" to the backseat area from the JKU to the JLU.

OP
OP

Gator800r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LMM Duramax in search of JLUR
Thats good to hear! Having room for my 3 kids was one of my biggest concerns. Sounds like it shouldn't be a issue.

Sponsored

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
Thats good to hear! Having room for my 3 kids was one of my biggest concerns. Sounds like it shouldn't be a issue.
Just bring your kids down to your local dealership and stick them in the back of a JLU on the lot! I did that with mine back in February before ordering.

jmill012

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392XR, 22 Model 3 Performance, 22 Wagoneer
Just bring your kids down to your local dealership and stick them in the back of a JLU on the lot! I did that with mine back in February before ordering.
Agree! Did the same before ordering. I have one in a car seat and two in boosters. They all fit. Not to mention the kids loving the Jeep with the top down helped sell the wife!

Namib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I did several 3 hour trips this summer with Grandma and 2 kids in booster seats in the back. Plenty of room.

JCM32

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi
Occupation
Finance
I have taken two adults and three teens on 8-9 hour trips in my JKU and now my JL with no issues. That's part of the fun of the trip! Togetherness!

grizzy727

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Yes - just did 3 hr drive all good -14-12-9
Sponsored