Sponsored

Does anyone spray paint the undercarriage?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I spray all our vehicles with fluid film, and just switched over to woolwax. We have two cars that are ten years old with minimal rust from doing this.
Yep, I have done the same, but haven't used the Woolwax yet. I've still got a Fluid Film stash. Once that runs out, I've got black Woolwax. I like that it comes in black.
Sponsored

Brandonhgt

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe
Yep, I have done the same, but haven't used the Woolwax yet. I've still got a Fluid Film stash. Once that runs out, I've got black Woolwax. I like that it comes in black.
So far the black woolwax is holding up well. Seems a bit more durable than the fluid film so far.

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
I used Por15 on nearly all undercarriage. After 3 years, it looks pretty good. We'll see how long it lasts, but i dont regret doing it. It does scrape off, when abused.
POR15 is THE ONLY product that seems to make any kind of difference when it comes to undercarriage rust. The list of stuff I have tried over the decades is massive (including stuff like Rust Bullet, Zero Rust, Rust Reformer...etc) and none of it really made a difference justifying the price. POR15 makes a difference. It's not perfect, but it definitely makes a difference. I painted the whole frame of my Tahoe with it, and now just do touch up every fall and it's holding up pretty decent.

The application process SUCKS though. It is super messy and if you get it on anything you don't want it on, you might as well just throw that thing away cause it ain't coming off. This includes skin.
Sponsored