Sponsored

Does Anyone Make Metal Flares That Match The Hood/Fender Like Factory Rubicon Flares?

zw470

First Name
McFly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR
Here's what I mean. You see how in this picture the top of the flare is pretty much even with the line where the hood and fender meet?

Jeep Wrangler JL Does Anyone Make Metal Flares That Match The Hood/Fender Like Factory Rubicon Flares? zUc9BS

I'm looking for metal flares that are designed the same way. All the ones I can find stop lower, like this Metalcloak flare.

Jeep Wrangler JL Does Anyone Make Metal Flares That Match The Hood/Fender Like Factory Rubicon Flares? 6200-al-on-jeep-with-logo_1

While I do realize that the aftermarket flare still offers more clearance than factory, it quite frankly just doesn't look as cool as the factory flares. The Bushwacker HyperForm/Rugged Ridge Max-Terrain flares would be my first choice, but I've read too many complaints about their durability and am very hesitant to go that route. The Rugged Ridge Metal Max flares look better than most other metal flares, but they are still the "lower" design and there doesn't seem to be much real world info about them.

b94b762b52702bef7d85e5847f951006.jpg
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Next Venture

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

next venture like everyone else said has the better looking/ closest to stock fenders in aluminum

Eyeball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ & 2023 JLUR
Out of curiosity what is the advantage to switching to metal flares that look as close to factory as possible?

If you are not doing it for some sort of performance benefit and you wheel the vehicle you might want to consider what happens when a metal flare encounters a rock or tree vs what happens when a plastic one hits the same obstacle. .

Last edited:

Sponsored

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
What would that sound like on a gravel road or anything picked up by your tires?

DLW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
What would that sound like on a gravel road or anything picked up by your tires?
It would sound like crap I think, just like metal inner fenders.
One could coat the underside with a rubberized bed liner or the like to help I guess.

OP
OP
zw470

zw470

First Name
McFly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR
Out of curiosity what is the advantage to switching to metal flares that lol as close to factory as possible?

If you are not doing it for some sort of performance benefit and you wheel the vehicle you might want to consider what happens when a metal flare encounters a rock or tree vs what happens when a plastic one hits the same obstacle. .
I don't want metal flares that look like the factory flares, I want metal flares that go up as high as the factory flares. The Nemesis flares that @DLW linked are a perfect example of what I want ?
Sponsored