Sponsored

Does anyone know of a long range fuel tank?

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
with the JT I was hoping that we would get a larger fuel tank than the Wrangler but apparently not.

The 22 gallon tank won’t get very far when you’re in 4x4. Yes I know that I can carry Jerry cans and the like but I can’t believe someone either doesn’t already have one for sale or is in the process of making them.

Do you know of anyone making them?
Thanks.

PS. Can someone who already has their truck take a picture underneath the truck of the fuel tank area and tell us if there is some available room? I would think that with the upcoming diesel option that Jeep has made provisions for a DEF tank in their design that could be utilized for additional gas storage...
Sponsored

MF Comics

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Manual Bronco

willemlock

First Name
Willem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator, 1998 TJ 1947, CJ2-A Willys
You might be able to get an auxiliary tank but based on where the driveshaft sits it’s limiting us. Not the best photos sorry.

B4985457-048B-4773-81E1-38101A0521B3.jpeg

23EBFBCB-A7CA-4B1E-9C30-8DDD1CDA6A90.jpeg

9A21F496-F192-4BB1-B2E0-767BC0DBEAC1.jpeg

56F6D7EF-8926-4334-8F26-77FF578296F8.jpeg

62FEE15C-324E-4711-86F0-283F140E6285.jpeg

518B874A-C05E-465A-96AB-8233E33BD741.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
smlobx

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Thanks MF. I’m not sure I’d want to try that without crawling under both trucks and taking some measurements.

Gold Mountain it looks like a longer tank might work. I agree with the drive shaft possibly being in the way.
Thanks.

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired
with the JT I was hoping that we would get a larger fuel tank than the Wrangler but apparently not.

The 22 gallon tank won’t get very far when you’re in 4x4. Yes I know that I can carry Jerry cans and the like but I can’t believe someone either doesn’t already have one for sale or is in the process of making them.

Do you know of anyone making them?
Thanks.

PS. Can someone who already has their truck take a picture underneath the truck of the fuel tank area and tell us if there is some available room? I would think that with the upcoming diesel option that Jeep has made provisions for a DEF tank in their design that could be utilized for additional gas storage...
There are a ton of options out there, BUT they are going to cost what MAY be valuable real estate in the bed of your JT. NO shortage of solutions for aux tanks!

https://www.google.com/search?q=aux...KHZ3pCAAQsAR6BAgBEAE&biw=1697&bih=818&dpr=1.1

jimcald

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon JT
I have seen many other trucks (not any Gladiators yet) relocate the spare and use the space the spare was in for an additional tank. I think Titan makes a universal one tank for that.

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ReTired
I have seen many other trucks (not any Gladiators yet) relocate the spare and use the space the spare was in for an additional tank. I think Titan makes a universal one tank for that.
Yea, seen that, not sure I could justify that for what few gals you would get. But that is just me.

I am going to look at an aux tank in the bed IF I think I might need it.

I filled up yesterday in my OEM tank and put in 47.6 gals out of 48 gals...actually I think it holds 50 gal due to expansion due to the weight of the fuel.

I will tell you this, having a tank that large sure makes life a LOT easier, I love it and that tank will give me somewhere between 650-700 miles, less if I am towing of course.

Sponsored

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ReTired
I am going to use this 50 gal. 12 volt Field Transfer Systems tank when I tow and camping, it will be good for jeep, generators and ATV’s.

B88F2F97-D13F-44D0-B298-A00BA4F3806C.jpeg
I HOPE you are not serious!!!

Putting 50 gals of GASONLINE sloshing around in a plastic tank and bouncing around in the bed of your truck.

Bob I know where you live you see a lot of these! But these are DEF pumps NOT for use with gasoline, DEF is not explosive. These tanks are used to support diesel vehicles, tractors, etc out in the fields for farm operations, I am very familiar with them. Strongly suggest you reconsider your approach...FOLLOW the link I posted for safe solutions.

https://www.google.com/search?q=aux...KHZ3pCAAQsAR6BAgBEAE&biw=1697&bih=818&dpr=1.1

OP
OP
smlobx

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I just sent a few emails to some of the companies Ole Cowboy listed in his links and will see if any of them are planning on developing one.

Just for clarification I am looking for a replacement tank to take advantage of what I hope is unused space underneath the truck between the frame.
If I could find one in the 30 gallon range I’d be a happy camper.

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ReTired
I just sent a few emails to some of the companies Ole Cowboy listed in his links and will see if any of them are planning on developing one.

Just for clarification I am looking for a replacement tank to take advantage of what I hope is unused space underneath the truck between the frame.
If I could find one in the 30 gallon range I’d be a happy camper.
I am not sure what drives automakers to the size of the tank they install...I KNOW what drove Ford to put a 50 gal tank in my F 350 Long Bed...user demand.

What I do know is there are a jillion tanks out there, my bet is if you identify the space, you can find a tank. I have done it before, found the space, took the measurements and then found a tank to fit and increased my tank by 13 gal over my old one.

LidLess07X

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Recon, 2001 TJ Sport, 2018 Mustang GT PP1 with Roush S.C.
Watch GenRight. They make larger tanks and conversions for TJ’s and JK’s. They also have a very nice line of heavy duty aluminum fenders, bumpers, etc
Sponsored