Sponsored

Does anyone know if a service manual for 2021 JLU will be released for sale?

SofiaGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 TJ Sahara MT, 2021 JLU Altitude MT
Back when I had my '98 TJ I was able to acquire the 1998 Wrangler Service Manual published by Chrysler. It cost $80 at an auto store.

One day some rattling started occurring at the rear of my jeep ... after poring through the service manual I had an idea of the problem.
I took the Jeep to the dealer but didn't say anything because .... well ... they are the professionals so they'd know more than me.

3-4 days passed and dealer didn't have a root cause .... so .... I asked them to check the ring & pinion and they found broken teeth from the gears which caused the rattling sound.

I would love to get one for my '21 but so far I have only seen the 2018 service manual and it's only available in digital format. 😔
Sponsored

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Back when I had my '98 TJ I was able to acquire the 1998 Wrangler Service Manual published by Chrysler. It cost $80 at an auto store.

One day some rattling started occurring at the rear of my jeep ... after poring through the service manual I had an idea of the problem.
I took the Jeep to the dealer but didn't say anything because .... well ... they are the professionals so they'd know more than me.

3-4 days passed and dealer didn't have a root cause .... so .... I asked them to check the ring & pinion and they found broken teeth from the gears which caused the rattling sound.

I would love to get one for my '21 but so far I have only seen the 2018 service manual and it's only available in digital format. 😔
The usb service manuals are a real pain to use. There is a 2018 manual on cd that's a little better. Sadly it seems they are no longer producing them, I think they are pushing everyone to the subscription service.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

The usb service manuals are a real pain to use. There is a 2018 manual on cd that's a little better. Sadly it seems they are no longer producing them, I think they are pushing everyone to the subscription service.
I'm having a hard time understanding how a USB-based service manual would be more difficult to use than a CD ROM-based version. Isn't it the same files on each? It's been a while since I've seen a computer with a CD ROM in it, but they all support some form of USB.

ErAcEr

First Name
Matthew (Mateo)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 ZH2 , 2018 Z900, 2013 Vulcan 1700
Occupation
Engineer/Technician
I'm having a hard time understanding how a USB-based service manual would be more difficult to use than a CD ROM-based version. Isn't it the same files on each? It's been a while since I've seen a computer with a CD ROM in it, but they all support some form of USB.
You are correct. Basically CD and USB run the same files the same way you would use a CD/USB to load an OS on to a PC. Sadly yes most car manufactures are going to the subscription model, probablly due to being able to copy CD/USB and share which doesn't line anyone's pockets $$$.

I was able to get a book for the motorcycle, which is about an inch and a half thick. Cost me 135$
Jeep Wrangler JL Does anyone know if a service manual for 2021 JLU will be released for sale? 061147

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Yes, they are technically the same however I have had issues with the USB version not loading, or being the wrong vehicle (Alfa Romeo). The CD version lets you copy the files to your hard drive so you don't need to keep it in.

Edit- here is a link for the 2018 service manual.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/113-tZvFuzpp2ObFEyZAg_DEf5QKeAdvi?usp=sharing
Sponsored