Sponsored

Does anyone know for sure if 392 is a one year only run?

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

I've heard mixed things but is there a definite answer? Some say it's a 1 year like the Durango Hellcat.
Sponsored

GreenLantern

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellcat
I haven't heard that it'll be 1 year like the Durango.

The Durango is 1-year because of emissions issues (specifically with fleet-wide Euro compliance for Dodge, I think).

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
I've heard mixed things but is there a definite answer? Some say it's a 1 year like the Durango Hellcat.
No definitive answer that I’m aware of, mostly just speculation on all of our parts.

(myself included) ;)

JJMalone

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392, '20 JLR, '00 TRD Tacoma
Mixed thoughts about this. If it is a one year production it will be a rare bird and hold its value extremely well and be a pretty exclusive possession. On the other hand it will not have much support by vendors because of the limited market. Also parts and service support from jeep possibly impacted.

Sponsored

Sven

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Tonight I picked up my 392. Over the last week, I've had these conversations with a cluster of dealerships around MN and a buddy in Austin talked to his local store where he bought his 392 Durango and then a '20 JLUR. Here's what I'm hearing - Jeep is considering making the JLUR 392 a single year offering limited to 300 or 500 units for a variety of reasons (chip shortage was cited to me by my local dealership as a major contributing factor). My buddy reported talking to the Austin store who mentioned the TX dealerships are layering-in $5K - $25K over MSRP to price-in the capped production already. My local store told me they are no longer able to do special orders. If this is true, it seems the chip shortage and resulting limited production will force Jeep's hand and they'll need to make a statement on this topic soon when dealerships no longer have general allocation units coming in. So, I've heard a lot of noise - none of it definitive.

flot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392
Tonight I picked up my 392. Over the last week, I've had these conversations with a cluster of dealerships around MN and a buddy in Austin talked to his local store where he bought his 392 Durango and then a '20 JLUR. Here's what I'm hearing - Jeep is considering making the JLUR 392 a single year offering limited to 300 or 500 units for a variety of reasons (chip shortage was cited to me by my local dealership as a major contributing factor). My buddy reported talking to the Austin store who mentioned the TX dealerships are layering-in $5K - $25K over MSRP to price-in the capped production already.
I mean, this would make a great story except for the fact that there's a guy who has already tracked more than 1300 392s delivered by VIN number. If I didn't know better, I might suspect that the dealerships are lying to you intentionally? :LOL:

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx...234&ithint=file,xlsx&authkey=!AJLWYlvxWi08RZE

Also, while there is no shortage of dealers selling over MSRP, on the 392 facebook groups, about one a week pops up for sale new from a dealer at sticker, usually someone passing on their order or already bought one off a lot, etc.

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
It's only been a half year run due to late introduction. No way Jeep is limiting this to 2021's. Too much engineering went into putting a V8 into this platform.

The Durango was designed for a V8, so limiting a particular V8 to one year is not the same as limiting the Wrangler to one year with a V8. There's a lot of NRE (non-recurring engineering) that went into the Wrangler 392, and there is demand for this configuration. Jeep would not make their money back by only offering the 392 for 1/2 year.

I'm sitting back and waiting for initial hype to calm down, then perhaps I'll buy one (2022 model) assuming they bring back Billet Silver or offer Mojito!.

Last people to listen to with regard to future availability of the 392, are dealers.

Brosef

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 392
just got my ship date for my 392. I sure as hell hope this isn't a 1-year production. can't imagine it would be. this has to be a high margin car for Jeep. although I haven't driven it yet, it sounds like an amazing car that many should get to enjoy. let's hope they increase production and pump out more next year so we can get rid of some of these greedy stealerships gouging customers

Sponsored

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
….Last people to listen to with regard to future availability of the 392, are dealers.
So, so true. Months ago while I was still waiting on mine, I was shooting the breeze with the SM at my dealership about them, and I mentioned that the online build & price configurator for the 392 had gone live on Jeep’s own website a few days earlier, and asked if he knew, to which he responded “Nope, but that doesn’t surprise me, we are always the last to know everything.”

I thought it was a pretty telling statement considering the context of this thread, and everything we’ve all seen & been through during this whole process.

Kenc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM TRX, 2020 C8 Corvette, and a Wrangler 392
Occupation
Boat Builder
They are already talking about the Recon edition 392 for next year so it is going forward for at least one more year.

raj21747

First Name
raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R. Enfield500, Suzuki M109, 392XR, 1999 TJ
I am trying to look past 1 year to see if it would be worth it to wait until MY23 for any new interior changes/uconnect 5.
- I hope/expect to see minor dash changes, bigger screen with uconnect 5, locking hood, locking gas cap form factory, minor guage cluster graphic changes, updated seats.

waiting for MY23 is a double edged sword as they may cancel this altogether due to move towards electrification.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I heard they are working on a JT version of the 392 so either they will alternate or it's a permanent choice until V8's are banned by the environmental police.

Back2jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi 392, 2017 Rubi Recon, 1979 CJ-7, et. al.
It's only been a half year run due to late introduction. No way Jeep is limiting this to 2021's. Too much engineering went into putting a V8 into this platform.

I'm sitting back and waiting for initial hype to calm down, then perhaps I'll buy one (2022 model) assuming they bring back Billet Silver or offer Mojito!.

Last people to listen to with regard to future availability of the 392, are dealers.
this is my philosophy for the Grand Wagoneer. Here’s to hoping we don’t get burned.
Sponsored