First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
does anyone have any experience using something like this? it looks like its only available for pre order right now, but im sure theres other similar canopys like this out there https://www.quadratec.com/p/rightline-gear-4x4/suv-tailgating-canopy

from the people who have tents/canopys, does this seem like a stupid purchase compared to some other options? I have a $100 credit to use towards quadratec and have been wanting something like this. This is priced perfectly to use my credit.

On a somewhat unrelated note, i've been looking into kayak carriers and will need one eventually for my kayaks. those are just unfortunately a lot more expensive, im looking at the exposed rack system which will be around $700-800 total. I could always put my credit towards that... but it's a lot of money just to haul kayaks (i miss my ram rebel right now)

Decisions, decisions!
Sponsored

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Something to keep in mind, with something like an ARB awning you will have an entire long side secured to the rack and secured to your Jeep. You'll have a lot of support and the awnings are usually about 8' long after you unwrap them. The Jeep can block a lot of wind and sun coming in if you position it right.

This product looks very narrow to me (6') and it doesn't have a lot of support since it connects to the narrow side of the Jeep (if you can even attach it to the glass).

If you wanted the rear covered, a batwing would work well, although they are expensive as hell.

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
For your kayaks, depending on weight you have a whole lot of options. I wouldn't think you'd need something as heavy duty as a backbone for that, unless you think you are throwing an RTT on or want a Pioneer platform later. Some of the cheaper ones that mount to the rain rails would probably be fine.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I think that canopy is an affordable, useful item. It secures to the liftgate, is lightweight and easily stowed. Shipping date isn't until May 16, I prefer items to be in stock, but May is getting closer.
Thanks for sharing that item information !

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I got the Rightline canopy in Post #1 from Amazon, in stock and delivered a couple of days ago. Looked like the best value, I'll try it out, post pix when I have a chance

Bndrpa1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU 80th
I got the Rightline canopy in Post #1 from Amazon, in stock and delivered a couple of days ago. Looked like the best value, I'll try it out, post pix when I have a chance

Any feedback on this? Looking to maybe purchase.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I haven't tried mine yet, but think it's a good value ; inexpensive, lightweight, sun and rain protection, light duty use
Sponsored