Sponsored

Does anyone have the Boom Mat Headliner in white?

WindyCityWilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
I'm looking for headliners for my 2021 Willys. I started looking at the Hot Head liners and they look nice, but I want to keep the white look of the headliner.

I came across the Boom Mat headliner and I see it's available in white. I'm concerned that it's going to cheap seeing as how it's a white cover on top of black foam.

Does anyone have a picture of the white Boom Mat installed? I want to see what it looks installed.
Sponsored

Bun707

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
I just installed it this weekend in white. I don’t think it looks cheap but there are a couple of wrinkles in it I haven’t figured how to get out. It certainly did help with noise. I will try to get some photos in the daylight this week.

Bun707

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
Here are some pictures. I made sure they were at angles where you could see the edges the best (or at their worst depending on your opinion).

This was near sunset so the light is a bit golden. The panels are not exactly the same shade of white as the roof. Panels are more pure white and roof is a tiny shade more off white. Doesn't bother me, but I could see that bugging some people. Sheen has bit of semi-gloss to it.

I think the wrinkles are from how they were stored in the warehouse or shipping. They were there before installation, not as a result of how they were installed.

You'll see I also have the rear window surround option.

I did not measure a big difference in decibels before and after, but subjectively I can tell I hear a lot less wind noise from above. Stereo sounds better too. It hasn't hit 119F yet here in AZ to see how well it does then!

Jeep Wrangler JL Does anyone have the Boom Mat Headliner in white? 0220211753a_HDR

Jeep Wrangler JL Does anyone have the Boom Mat Headliner in white? 0220211753_HDR

This is probably the worst wrinkle which hasn't smoothed out even after a week. I haven't tried any heat yet.
Jeep Wrangler JL Does anyone have the Boom Mat Headliner in white? 0220211752_HDR

Jeep Wrangler JL Does anyone have the Boom Mat Headliner in white? 0220211753

OP
OP

WindyCityWilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
That's super helpful. Thank you for the pictures! I just ordered the roof-only set.

Sponsored

OP
OP

WindyCityWilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
I got the BoomMat installed this weekend.
Before I installed, I checked the sound level with the radio off and driving 75mph on the highway with a 15-20mph crosswind. For a 60 second interval, the average was 73 db.
After install, I retested in the same conditions and I averaged 68 dbfor 60 seconds - a reduction of 5db.
The stereo also sounds slightly better although that's purely subjective on my part. My wife (a professional musician) also commented about how much better the stereo sounded.

Here's what I don't like (and where I think Hot Heads has the advantage). The entire piece of BoomMat is adhesive backed and if you try to adjust positioning as you go, it's going to wrinkle. It's also hard to keep the edges of the BoomMat from grabbing the beveled edges of the top before it's sitting flush. I doesn't affect the functionality of the headliner but it looks like a mistake. I think the HotHeads would not have that issue as the edges of that don't appear to have adhesive.

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
I have it too. Looks great and wrinkles will disappear overtime.
Sponsored