Sponsored

Does anyone have any thoughts/opinions on Ace doors?

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I live in Louisiana so it doesn’t matter when they are released - I will run half doors year round
You are the exception and not the rule, considering 2/3 of the country does not have year around weather for them
Sponsored

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
You are the exception and not the rule, considering 2/3 of the country does not have year around weather for them
In the 80s I rarely ran doors on my CJ, when I did they were 1/2 Cloth on the bottom, plastic window on top. I was 19 then, and the heater was very HOT, but at 55 now, Ya, I'm running the full doors till it gets to high 60s.

Renegade Wrangler

First Name
Gasan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Spice Man
In the 80s I rarely ran doors on my CJ, when I did they were 1/2 Cloth on the bottom, plastic window on top. I was 19 then, and the heater was very HOT, but at 55 now, Ya, I'm running the full doors till it gets to high 60s.
Good days:facepalm:

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Not really - lots of people run half doors full time - not much different than running factory half doors.

ACE Engineering

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
ACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU, 2009 Jeep Wrangler JK-8
Probably fabricated in China and ‘assembled’ in America lol

Or ‘designed’ in America and made in China lolol
Designed in America
Fabricated in America
Assembled in America
100%

Feel free to stop by our shop in Romeo, Michigan anytime and we'll be happy to show you these doors being produced with American steel by American workers.

Thank you,

Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Designed in America
Fabricated in America
Assembled in America
100%

Feel free to stop by our shop in Romeo, Michigan anytime and we'll be happy to show you these doors being produced with American steel by American workers.

Thank you,
In that case Love it!

Far too often companies advertise as though their products are manufactured here until you read the fine print. Very good to see that ACE is tried and true to the country!

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Not really - lots of people run half doors full time - not much different than running factory half doors.

I have never seen 1/2 doors in Feb in any of the central or northern states I have traveled nor the Pacific NW where I reside. Forget the cold, moisture issue alone wold be highly problematic.

Adamdlc

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 Ram 2500
Designed in America
Fabricated in America
Assembled in America
100%

Thank you,
do you have any input the the before mentions threads on the pins being too short. I just purchased these doors and i have to admit the oem hinge pins sticking out that far is a real eye sore. I would imagine its not the first time it was mentioned to your company. I'm really hoping you guys come out with a fix for this. please share any ideas you have for a DIY remedy to this. BTW LOVE the doors. Hands down best looking doors on the market.

ACE Engineering

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
ACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU, 2009 Jeep Wrangler JK-8
do you have any input the the before mentions threads on the pins being too short. I just purchased these doors and i have to admit the oem hinge pins sticking out that far is a real eye sore. I would imagine its not the first time it was mentioned to your company. I'm really hoping you guys come out with a fix for this. please share any ideas you have for a DIY remedy to this. BTW LOVE the doors. Hands down best looking doors on the market.
Hinges of this exact size and quality are not easy to source. We never intended these to even accept the factory nuts, it was just a happy accident that they do fit. We realize they don't bottom out and explain that on the product page. But for those who do want to secure them with nuts, they do at least thread on. Personally, we just leave ours off.

Thank you,
Sponsored