Sponsored

Does anyone have any thoughts/opinions on Ace doors?

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
ACE are great products.. and US made... and Michigan made even.

I am intrigued by this door set, I think I found them from another forum member here:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GCD43YW

Clearly Chinese, but the price is right. I tend to prefer running door-less, would consider these if it helped convince the wife to ride in the jeep with the doors removed.
Sponsored

MikeLewisMusic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2 Door, 2.0l Turbo/Automatic
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Probably fabricated in China and ā€˜assembledā€™ in America lol

Or ā€˜designedā€™ in America and made in China lolol
The below is right off of their contact page on their website. From dealing with them, they appear to be a small company made up mainly of Jeep enthusiasts.

upload_2019-2-28_11-44-20.png

I have purchased a couple of Ace products (not the doors, tho), and the quality of their fabrication is really nice. However, their kitting and instructions leave a lot to be desired. I gave them less than a shining review on a product I purchased and installed due to poor kitting and instructions, and they never posted the review...lowered my opinion of them considerably. YMMV.

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
Those rugged ridge doors look great. Did you have any rattling or have to make any latch adjustments?
I put them on and took off as it was raining in my area. I did drive around the block. Didnā€™t hear anything. Rears come today so I hope to install and test everything more this weekend.

Doors adjust at hinges first. Then there are bolts at latch for fine tuning if needed.

OP
OP
RedJeep78

RedJeep78

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sport 2018
I put them on and took off as it was raining in my area. I did drive around the block. Didnā€™t hear anything. Rears come today so I hope to install and test everything more this weekend.

Doors adjust at hinges first. Then there are bolts at latch for fine tuning if needed.
Sweet, let me know if you run into any issues but it sounds like the quality is good.

Sponsored

Shepherd12

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR HellaYella m/t
Occupation
Something about cryogenics
I donā€™t like the idea of getting crap caught in between the panels by way of the holes and logos cut in the door.

Iā€™m going to try to get away without doors at all by just adding mirrors (I live in rural PA, and two cops will tell you 4 stories on what is legal.)

If that doesnā€™t work, Iā€™ll probably go with Core Doors or MOPAR.

4xnaz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I was able to pick these up for a sale price that was lower than the pre-order price. I actually like the look of them and the logo cut into the door isnt really as obnoxious as you would think. There is a YouTube video of the latch install, and it takes a bit of trial and error to get them lined up just right, but once you got it down, there isnt any rattle on the road. However, the hinge pins have a shorter threaded end than the factory doors, so when you install the hinge bolts on the trail doors, the bolts won't seat flush to the mount and will leave about 1/4 inch gap when tightened all the way.

IMG_20181217_140316_240.jpg

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Waiting for Bestop core doors and soft uppers
They just launched the JK core doors at $1,000 fronts and another $1k rears that is excessive, must assume the JL will be even higher$$$

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I used to want these but now I can't think of a point in having them. Like for when you want doors off but still kinda scared about it?
I don't know about ACE but I know other designs can rattle like a busted shopping cart.
Some states don't allow no doors too.

Sponsored

4xnaz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Honest review here....I LOVE the way they look!!! And with some patience and trial and error installing the door latches, they will hold tight enough to not allow any vibration or rattle while driving.

Now the bad. See pics below comparing the hinge pins of the trail doors (front of pic) to the OEM hinge pins (back of pic). The threaded area of the Ace pins is too short. As you can see in the pic with the hinge bolts installed on the Ace door, they wont thread up enough to flush up to the hinge mount. So I chose to run the doors without hinge bolts and are now prime theft targets. Not saying they can't be stolen with bolts installed but at least its more of a deterrent than just sitting there and yelling "steal me". If anybody has any recommendations for security hinge bolts that are smaller than OEM and would sit flush, help me out.

Overall, I'm glad I picked them up during the pre-sale and it's price point because I don't think I would spend the current asking price for these.

0304191751a_HDR~2.jpg

0304191752b~2.jpg

0304191537_HDR~2.jpg

0304191537~2.jpg

0304191543_HDR~2.jpg

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
They just launched the JK core doors at $1,000 fronts and another $1k rears that is excessive, must assume the JL will be even higher$$$
I was thinking more along the lines of the half door set up for 3k. Not sure the JL will be that much more considering they can piggy back off the JK, hopefully it wonā€™t take 8yrs to get them for the JL LOL...

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I was thinking more along the lines of the half door set up for 3k. Not sure the JL will be that much more considering they can piggy back off the JK, hopefully it wonā€™t take 8yrs to get them for the JL LOL...
I have an email I received in Oct when i asked them about it f Bestop suggested next/this Fall which is rediculous since summer and demand will be over for the year

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU

I have only assembled my Rugged Ridge doors. It is 12 degrees where I live, so I havenā€™t put them on the Jeep yet. I canā€™t speak to the fit and function of them, but agree with Zazoh that they seem to be a great set of doors. They are more substantial than I was expecting and appear to be well made. Initially, I really liked the look of the Mopar doors, probably because I was excited about the JL reveal, but now I prefer the look of the Rugged Ridge doors. Other than the price of the ACE doors, I agree with @Shepherd12 the ability to get moisture, dirt, and other debris inside the door was a concern. Perhaps unfounded, but...

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I have an email I received in Oct when i asked them about it f Bestop suggested next/this Fall which is rediculous since summer and demand will be over for the year
I live in Louisiana so it doesnā€™t matter when they are released - I will run half doors year round
Sponsored