Sponsored

Does Anyone Have Any Questions About Manufacturer Backed Extended Warranties?

Mgdstar

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X, 2007 & 2008 Sahara Unlimited
Be aware of long term warranties from FCA!! I have the lifetime warranty on two Wranglers I purchase 30 days apart. Always take my Jeeps to the dealer for routine maintenance even if it’s more expensive. The transmission goes out in one Jeep and the Dealer and FCA will not honor the warranty because I can not locate the 10 year review checklist paperwork and the dealership has no record. I do have the paper for the my other Jeep. The kicker is the dealer put new gaskets on the faulty transmission just two months prior to failure and stated in writing that the transmission was fine and maintained, but that does not count as an inspection! So it cost me $2,000 for a rebuild transmission. I told the dealer I was going to file a lawsuit, but he said the FCA district manager said Jeep would just get Corporate lawyers involved and I would not have a chance to win. I am ready to purchase two new 4X4s but now waiting on the Bronco due to getting screwed by FCA.
Sponsored

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Be aware of long term warranties from FCA!! I have the lifetime warranty on two Wranglers I purchase 30 days apart. Always take my Jeeps to the dealer for routine maintenance even if it’s more expensive. The transmission goes out in one Jeep and the Dealer and FCA will not honor the warranty because I can not locate the 10 year review checklist paperwork and the dealership has no record. I do have the paper for the my other Jeep. The kicker is the dealer put new gaskets on the faulty transmission just two months prior to failure and stated in writing that the transmission was fine and maintained, but that does not count as an inspection! So it cost me $2,000 for a rebuild transmission. I told the dealer I was going to file a lawsuit, but he said the FCA district manager said Jeep would just get Corporate lawyers involved and I would not have a chance to win. I am ready to purchase two new 4X4s but now waiting on the Bronco due to getting screwed by FCA.
Sounds like you had the old Lifetime Powertrain Warranty not the Lifetime MaxCare service contract.

The warranty required inspections at 5-year intervals. The service contract has no such language.

3B114337-6799-4022-99C6-13939163184A.jpeg

Mgdstar

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s correct! But I would still be leery of any extended warranty unless you have an attorney as a friend.

yngrshr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO
Hi, I think that we are talking about different things. I am well aware of the normal extended warranty procedure but Mopar also advertises a plan called "Extended X". This plan seems to actually be an extension on an extension (i.e. a second extended warranty).

FAQs (moparextended.com)

I am not sure if you have any insight into this. Per Mopar, Extended X can be used to extend a Mopar extended warranty out to 15 years and/or 160,000 miles.
Wanted to follow up on this.

OP
OP
Chrysler-Factory-Warranty

Chrysler-Factory-Warranty

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
Since it is not a factory backed warranty how does that affect claims that are made that sometimes are denied by factory due to modifications such as lift kits or non standard tire sizes?
That is entirely up to the company that your service contract is through, if it says in their terms that aftermarket modifications could void it, then they could easily void it, most aftermarket warranties are purely in the game for money.

Sponsored

Mgdstar

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FCA warranty is no different, it’s a game to make money! Customer satisfaction is not on the list!

GRN ENVE

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
If you purchased lifetime maxcare warranty and trade in for another jeep before factory warranty is up do you get 100% refund?

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
..then they could easily void it, most aftermarket warranties are purely in the game for money.
Wait... Is there an aftermarket warranty that isn’t provided by a company that‘s in the game purely to make money?

Aren’t Chrysler and all of its dealers and affiliates in the game to make money too? I’m pretty sure that’s the whole idea....

We have a local car dealership that runs an irritating radio add that begins with a manager saying, “We’re not here to sell you a car! We’re here to help you get what you want!” :puke: It’s made even more ridiculous because of the guy’s speech and accent, which are a perfect match for the 1970’s SNL skit with Dan Ackroyd and Steve Martin playing “Two swingin Czechoslovakian guys”.

Last edited:

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
If you purchased lifetime maxcare warranty and trade in for another jeep before factory warranty is up do you get 100% refund?
You should be eligible for the $3,000 Mopar MVP Select Owner Bonus Cash Offer if you give up the lifetime plan

Sponsored

goochman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JKU Sahara, 2020 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Cruze Premier
Im trying to decide between the Added Care Plus Warranty and Maximum Care. From what I can see the ACP seems to cover most of the important mechanical items that MC does. MC comes with roadside assistance and rental car, both of which I really dont need. Any have a high level overview of the additional parts MC covers that ACP doesnt?

One thing thats not 100% clear to me is if ACP covers the 8.4 Uconnect radio. It says it covers "audio systems" but touch screen nav/audio isnt spelled out.

JROOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
Because of the 37” tires on my Jeep and because the vehicle is driven in wooded areas (dirt, rock, mud, etc) should an extended plan be pursued or not?

Last edited:

goochman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JKU Sahara, 2020 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Cruze Premier
Im trying to decide between the Added Care Plus Warranty and Maximum Care. From what I can see the ACP seems to cover most of the important mechanical items that MC does. MC comes with roadside assistance and rental car, both of which I really dont need. Any have a high level overview of the additional parts MC covers that ACP doesnt?

One thing thats not 100% clear to me is if ACP covers the 8.4 Uconnect radio. It says it covers "audio systems" but touch screen nav/audio isnt spelled out.
Jus to answer my question, FCA has a good site that compares the 2:
https://jeepfactorywarranty.com/components-covered/

ACP actually has the Rental Car and Towing coverage.
Sponsored