Sponsored

Does Anyone Have Any Questions About Manufacturer Backed Extended Warranties?

JaayyyeeeE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I think there is wisdom in this, but I’m less worried about suspension, steering, brakes and such. With few exceptions, you can see or feel those problems developing and mitigate your risk through attention, care, and maintenance. I’m VERY worried about the electric and electronic stuff, made in Mexico, or Afghanistan, or Bolivia, or wherever... because that stuff is just a lottery of misery. Those failures are totally unpredictable, potentially catastrophic (with simultaneous failure of lights, steering, and brakes), often difficult to diagnose, and stupid-expensive to fix. Nothing I’ve done to my Jeep could be fairly described as effecting the vehicle electronics and brain.
You would be correct, maybe 10-5 years ago, with simpler electronics (independent components, now they all tie together).

I took my JL to the dealer to have them look at an issue with carplay, which you would think they would actually look into since it’s fairly simple, but they took one look at my braided aukey iphone cable and said that was the issue and to use an oem cable :LOL: (reseating the cable in the back of the media port fixed it, thank you jlwranglerforums, thanks for nothing Ferman CDJR).
If you use a tazer (bypass cable), change any of the lighting, add aux switches, etc. I could definitely see them denying warranty coverage for any of the electronics that touch the BSM since it ties into pretty much everything.
If you intend on keeping your vehicle completely stock, by all means, get the piece of mind. Otherwise, hard pass. But hey it’s your money 💰 :)
Sponsored

JaayyyeeeE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I was under the impression that individual dealers didn't pay for warranty work - it was covered by the corporation. Is that not correct?
It is my understanding the corporation pays the dealership at a pre-negotiated rate. The dealership does not charge their full normal rate.
Also, repairs that the warranty rep deems unnecessary or not qualifying, are responsibility of the dealership. In turn, this gives dealerships the power to look at any mods and make up a bs excuse to deny warranty repairs.
This plus the fact that ALL dealerships are SHADY AF = mods = no warranty.

rotlex

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
It does not, actually, parts that fail because of either wear and tear OR corrosion are not covered under warranty. There is, however, an Auto Appearance Plus plan that covers the paint, interior, and glass, something you might be interested in.
Thanks, understood on the wear and tear, but for reference, the factory warranty does cover corrosion to 5 years unlimited mileage correct? (At least that is how I perceive it in the owners manual). I find it strange they don't cover it longer under the extended plans though.

GRN ENVE

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
I purchased a lifetime Maxcare warranty at time of purchase.
Hypothetically, 15 years down the road @ 225k on the odometer I hit a pot hole and one of the sketchy frame welds crack,motor throws a piston and transmission locks up.

Am I covered?

Also, if I replace factory shocks and stabilizer bar with fox performance products,no lift.
Having dealer I purchased jeep from do the installation.
Does that affect warranty?
Thanks in advance.

jg45

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
Am I reading this correctly, that if I purchase an extended service plan and later put on a non Mopar lift, that the whole plan would be cancelled? I know it would not cover the lift and any parts that could have been effected by the lift. I would mainly be buying the plan to cover the electronics, engine, and transmission.

Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Mods of any kind = invalid warranty.

If you buy one of these warranties thinking you can talk the dealer into performing any kind of warranty work on your JL with aftermarket lugnuts, good luck to you.

Finding a dealer that will perform warranty work on a vehicle that has been modified is damn near impossible, even then, it’s up to the person at the counter, the mechanic in the shop, the service manager, the time of the month, the season, the gyroscopic orientation of the earths magnetic field and the alignment of the planets.

Just because they did it once doesn’t mean they will do it again as they make up the rules based on the prior paragraph.

To be fair, this is with any dealer not just Jeep dealers. I have always driven modded vehicles and gave up on warranties a long time ago.

If you plan on getting oversized tires, lift, aftermarket top, etc. Just set money aside for eventual repairs because the dealers will find any possible excuse they can to deny warranty repairs.
I find it interesting that @Chrysler-Factory-Warranty would laugh at this given your post is spot on. To me there's no point in buying an extended warranty when the risk is so high that any warranty claims will be denied over bullshit. The whole point of buying a warranty is for peace of mind. There's no peace of mind when claims are denied over the silliest and most trivial reasons that almost always have nothing to do with the warranty claim itself.

Goblue

First Name
Darran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU/OB
Occupation
FF/PM
hello Sam, thank you for doing this, Im sure all of us appreciate this, when I purchased my first jeep it was at Tyson motors in IL. Mind you I live in FL.. It was the worst experience Ive ever had. During the purchase the question came up about the extended warranty well during that going back and forth with sales person interrupting us my daughter was never put on the warranty with me... I only looked thanks to you starting this feed... is there a way to add her..

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I purchased a lifetime Maxcare warranty at time of purchase.
Hypothetically, 15 years down the road @ 225k on the odometer I hit a pot hole and one of the sketchy frame welds crack,motor throws a piston and transmission locks up.

Am I covered?
Not sure about the frame welds, but in regards to piston or transmission repair. The lifetime coverage ends when the repairs exceed NADA retail value.

Example: if the transmission & engine costs $15k to replace, but the NADA retail value is $10k. Then FCA cuts you a check for $10k and your coverage ends

yngrshr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO
Sure! You know that factory warranty that comes on a brand new vehicle? The one that covers pretty much everything that could go wrong in the first 3 years or 36,000 miles? Well Mopar warranties are an EXTENSION of that, meaning you can extend that exact same warranty out even further. You also get roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement up to $35 per day, $100 sign and go towing, and a $1,000 trip interruption allowance.
Hi, I think that we are talking about different things. I am well aware of the normal extended warranty procedure but Mopar also advertises a plan called "Extended X". This plan seems to actually be an extension on an extension (i.e. a second extended warranty).

FAQs (moparextended.com)

I am not sure if you have any insight into this. Per Mopar, Extended X can be used to extend a Mopar extended warranty out to 15 years and/or 160,000 miles.

powelld353

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S, 2000 Wrangler TJ Sport
Occupation
General idiot, know nothing
Vehicle Showcase
Just want to understand the language on these warranties. According to the website it states the following: "Plan coverage continues for the length of time and mileage you select. All time and mileage specifications are from the warranty start date (the original in-service date of the vehicle) and 0 miles. Plan expiration is specified in your Plans Provisions."
So does this mean if I purchase a 5 year warranty with 60k mile coverage since my Jeep is already 2 years old and has 15k miles on it, this warrantly would only cover the remaining 3 years and/or 45k miles?

Sponsored

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
I had a JKU with a Mopar EX warranty, the JK ws hit and should have been totaled but they wanted to fix it with various parts, I insisted on Mopar part because of the EX warranty and they said that wasn't true, am I right or wrong? Mopar part only?

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
This is the problem with these extended warranties and a Wrangler. Practically no one keeps them stock and the warranty is worthless. The only way one of these makes sense is if you keep you car, Jeep, truck 100% stock.

There is a reason there are 100’s of these warranty companies. It isn’t because they pay out a lot of claims. They do there best to ensure your warranty is void because something you did and won’t pay the claim.

Also good luck fighting a manufacturer or dealer on the Magnusson act. You do not have the time nor the money to win that fight. Plenty love to claim and quote it, you won’t find any that have won a case using it.

Air Uncle P

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRU Bright White
This is the problem with these extended warranties and a Wrangler. Practically no one keeps them stock and the warranty is worthless. The only way one of these makes sense is if you keep you car, Jeep, truck 100% stock.
Has anyone had any luck with a service contract through AAA? They tell me you pay a bit extra for "Custom Suspension Package", and as long as it is installed at a "
licensed installation company" ( not self installed in your garage) then your are covered.

step1107

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2 Door Sport
Just want to understand the language on these warranties. According to the website it states the following: "Plan coverage continues for the length of time and mileage you select. All time and mileage specifications are from the warranty start date (the original in-service date of the vehicle) and 0 miles. Plan expiration is specified in your Plans Provisions."
So does this mean if I purchase a 5 year warranty with 60k mile coverage since my Jeep is already 2 years old and has 15k miles on it, this warrantly would only cover the remaining 3 years and/or 45k miles?
Yes. At least that is my understanding. I recently purchased my Jeep with those perameters. When I reached out for clarification, I was told everything starts from original purchase date/mileage.

liventune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
I'm here to help answer questions about Mopar warranties, the ONLY manufacturer-backed Extended Warranty that you can purchase for a Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, or Ram vehicle.

With that said, ask away Jeep heads!
Thx. Sam. My question is for a new Jeep is ordered from an AEV authorized factory dealer and an AEV JL370 package is installed by AEV directly and the jeep is shipped back to the dealer for customer delivery .
Does the Jeep original warranty still hold or is it voided? As i understand AEV will give 36k/3yr. warranty on the AEV components
Is long-term warranty still available for the Jeep in this situation with MOPAR?
Will that warranty cover - AEV parts as well?

Asking as high interest in the 4xE with AEV (when it is available) and given that electric-hybrid is new want to see if protection will be available .
Thx.
Anil
Sponsored