Sponsored

Does Anyone Have Any Questions About Manufacturer Backed Extended Warranties?

OP
OP
Chrysler-Factory-Warranty

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
So in other words not being a “Mopar certified” lift, you can pretty much count on a dealer doing what they can to try to void a warranty claim!.
Depending on the dealership yes, however, you can ALWAYS dispute a denied claim and elevate the issue from the dealership to Mopar directly!
Sponsored

JARHEAD-JL

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
So in other words not being a “Mopar certified” lift, you can pretty much count on a dealer doing what they can to try to void a warranty claim!.
Yes pretty much. Even though there are lifts that are of higher quality.

rotlex

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Question on the Mopar\extended warranty that I have never gotten a full answer on. Does it also extend the factory corrosion\rust warranty past the 5 years? Bit concern on this is the possibility of hinge paint issues.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
You can install a lift as long as it is a Mopar certified part, and you get it put on at a Mopar certified dealership. Please see this PDF for more information.
Worth noting that the lift kit coverage is an additional cost (~$495) on top of the MaxCare plan cost and NOT included

Resin Addict

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Moab, ‘22 HighTide, ‘59 Chevy Apache, ‘32 Ford
Occupation
Custom painter/freelance artist
I’ll be watching this thread.

Sponsored

JaayyyeeeE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Mods of any kind = invalid warranty.

If you buy one of these warranties thinking you can talk the dealer into performing any kind of warranty work on your JL with aftermarket lugnuts, good luck to you.

Finding a dealer that will perform warranty work on a vehicle that has been modified is damn near impossible, even then, it’s up to the person at the counter, the mechanic in the shop, the service manager, the time of the month, the season, the gyroscopic orientation of the earths magnetic field and the alignment of the planets.

Just because they did it once doesn’t mean they will do it again as they make up the rules based on the prior paragraph.

To be fair, this is with any dealer not just Jeep dealers. I have always driven modded vehicles and gave up on warranties a long time ago.

If you plan on getting oversized tires, lift, aftermarket top, etc. Just set money aside for eventual repairs because the dealers will find any possible excuse they can to deny warranty repairs.

runningshoes

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I was under the impression that individual dealers didn't pay for warranty work - it was covered by the corporation. Is that not correct?

OP
OP

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
Question on the Mopar\extended warranty that I have never gotten a full answer on. Does it also extend the factory corrosion\rust warranty past the 5 years? Bit concern on this is the possibility of hinge paint issues.
It does not, actually, parts that fail because of either wear and tear OR corrosion are not covered under warranty. There is, however, an Auto Appearance Plus plan that covers the paint, interior, and glass, something you might be interested in.

OP
OP

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
I was under the impression that individual dealers didn't pay for warranty work - it was covered by the corporation. Is that not correct?
Correct, if you have repairs done under warranty, then that dealership will get those repairs approved through Mopar, Mopar will then take care of the costs.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
It’s interesting that you are calling it an “(extended)warranty”. Is it?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
It’s interesting that you are calling it an “(extended)warranty”. Is it?
Well, considering it is an extension of the factory warranty that came on your vehicle, I think the term is fitting.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Well, considering it is an extension of the factory warranty that came on your vehicle, I think the term is fitting.
You may wish to check with the lawyers on that. My extended MOPAR “warranty” is a “service contract” ..... are you telling us all here that you are actually selling extended warranties?

‘A SERVICE CONTRACT: This Plan is a service contract between you and us. The Plan protects you against major repair bills should a Vehicle component covered by the Plan fail due to defects in material or workmanship. This Plan is not insurance and is not part of the manufacturer’s warranty. We are solely responsible (liable) for fulfillment of the provisions of the Plan.’

OP
OP

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
You may wish to check with the lawyers on that. My extended MOPAR “warranty” is a “service contract” ..... are you telling us all here that you are actually selling extended warranties?
I guess you would be correct, the Maximum Care service contract goes BEYOND the Factory Warranty and comes with things such as Roadside Assistance, Sign and Go Towing, Rental Car Reimbursement, and Trip Interruption Allowance.

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
Mods of any kind = invalid warranty.

If you buy one of these warranties thinking you can talk the dealer into performing any kind of warranty work on your JL with aftermarket lugnuts, good luck to you.

Finding a dealer that will perform warranty work on a vehicle that has been modified is damn near impossible, even then, it’s up to the person at the counter, the mechanic in the shop, the service manager, the time of the month, the season, the gyroscopic orientation of the earths magnetic field and the alignment of the planets.

Just because they did it once doesn’t mean they will do it again as they make up the rules based on the prior paragraph.

To be fair, this is with any dealer not just Jeep dealers. I have always driven modded vehicles and gave up on warranties a long time ago.

If you plan on getting oversized tires, lift, aftermarket top, etc. Just set money aside for eventual repairs because the dealers will find any possible excuse they can to deny warranty repairs.
I think there is wisdom in this, but I’m less worried about suspension, steering, brakes and such. With few exceptions, you can see or feel those problems developing and mitigate your risk through attention, care, and maintenance. I’m VERY worried about the electric and electronic stuff, made in Mexico, or Afghanistan, or Bolivia, or wherever... because that stuff is just a lottery of misery. Those failures are totally unpredictable, potentially catastrophic (with simultaneous failure of lights, steering, and brakes), often difficult to diagnose, and stupid-expensive to fix. Nothing I’ve done to my Jeep could be fairly described as effecting the vehicle electronics and brain.

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S JL 2 DR 1999 Chevy Suburban K1500
The warranty you purchased is indeed an aftermarket warranty, meaning it is not the same as the factory warranty, nor Is it backed by the manufacturer. The ONLY manufacturer-backed warranty you can purchase is through Mopar, even without you telling me that it was purchased from Fidelity I could tell that it wasn't a Mopar warranty by the fact that the mileage term is 80,000, an increment Mopar doesn't offer.
Since it is not a factory backed warranty how does that affect claims that are made that sometimes are denied by factory due to modifications such as lift kits or non standard tire sizes?
Sponsored