Sponsored

Does Anyone Have Any Questions About Manufacturer Backed Extended Warranties?

OP
OP
Chrysler-Factory-Warranty

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
The instant quote tool actually quoted a higher price than I was quoted at the dealer (and I’m still below 12,000 miles now). I was told that the finance guys make most of their money selling extended warranties, because the warranties have a very large profit margin, so the finance guys often discount the warranties if they need to to make a sale. Is that accurate?
I wouldn't say they make most of their money from selling warranties, however, they do definitely make a good percentage of the sale, especially the finance managers. It is possible that the specific vehicle and combo you entered on our website is incorrect, some options, mainly diesel engines, the 125,000-mile package, and the unlimited package have problems with keeping up to date, we are logging these errors, and when we have enough information to get the prices to update we will send out the update.

If you would like to get a 100% accurate price catered to you and your VIN you can always call us at the number on our site to get a quote.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
I bought a new 2019 Wrangler Sport 2DR at a big Consolidated Auto dealer (LEE Auto) here in Maine in January 2020. At the same time and dealer I bought Platinum "Mechanical Failure Service Contract from Fidelity Warranty Services. 8 years 80,000 @$100 ded. Is this considered a Chrysler-Factory-Warranty? Should I be concerned that I bought a semi-scam?
The warranty you purchased is indeed an aftermarket warranty, meaning it is not the same as the factory warranty, nor Is it backed by the manufacturer. The ONLY manufacturer-backed warranty you can purchase is through Mopar, even without you telling me that it was purchased from Fidelity I could tell that it wasn't a Mopar warranty by the fact that the mileage term is 80,000, an increment Mopar doesn't offer.

OP
OP

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
I have a question regarding installing larger than OEM tires. My warranty paperwork states that "Repairs due to any alterations or modifications to the vehicles not approved or recommended by the manufacturer, including, but not limited to: ... (c) oversized/undersized tires; ..."

What size of tire would be considered "not approved or recommended"? And would simply installing larger tires (going from 285 to 315) be grounds for voiding my warranty?
Now installing the tires wouldn't necessarily void the warranty, however, if a problem arose that could be traced back to the tires as the cause, then whatever was wrong with the vehicle would not be covered under warranty. For example; you install a non Mopar approved lift, you later start having problems with the suspension, if it is seen that the reason you are having problems with the suspension is because of the lift, then it wouldn't be covered. Hopefully, this helped you to understand better.

Helloh2u

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Now installing the tires wouldn't necessarily void the warranty, however, if a problem arose that could be traced back to the tires as the cause, then whatever was wrong with the vehicle would not be covered under warranty. For example; you install a non Mopar approved lift, you later start having problems with the suspension, if it is seen that the reason you are having problems with the suspension is because of the lift, then it wouldn't be covered. Hopefully, this helped you to understand better.
And that determination is left to the dealership performing the work?

OP
OP

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
Mopar is the only? At my CDJR dealership in CA, the only extended warranty I was offered was a 6 year/72,000mile extended warranty called “Ally Premier Protect - Major Guard” and it can only by used at Jeep dealerships.

So is this not the Mopar extended warranty?

Now I’m confused and very concerned.
Correct, the 72,00-mile increment alone tells me that this is NOT a Mopar warranty, because that is a mileage increment Mopar does not offer, Mopar only offers 60/75/85/100/125 and Unlimited. Dealerships like to only offer the aftermarket warranties because their profit margin is much larger than the Mopar warranties. I'm not sure how long ago you purchased the warranty and whether or not you are still paying for it, but if wishing to cancel it you should be able to just go into your dealership and sign a paper stating so.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
And that determination is left to the dealership performing the work?
Sometimes yes, sometimes an inspector from Mopar will be sent in, if the dealership is the one that determines it won't be covered you can ALWAYS dispute the problem and elevate it to someone directly from Mopar to assist you.

Louisromersh

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel
Hi All,

I know this question has been asked many times but I can't find the answer here on the forms so I'm going to ask.

So I recently purchased a 2021 JLURD and when I was signing the paperwork I was told I can do a lift up to 4 inches without voiding warranty, first is this true?

Second is this 4 inches of lift the combination of lift and tires so total lift or is it just the suspension lift?

Thanks in advance,

OP
OP

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
I bought a used 2018 Jeep put into service in 5/19. I bought the jeep 7/20 and payed for a 7 year Chrysler extended warranty. Mopar warranted the jeep from the in service date and not the date of purchase and was told the dealer should not have sold me a 7 year warranty considering I can only buy for 6. Is this TRUE?? THXXXXX
I am slightly confused by your question, however, I will try my best to answer it anyway. If you purchase a New Mopar warranty, then that warranty will start from the original in-service date of the vehicle and from when the odometer was at 0. So if your vehicle has an in-service date of 2018, and you purchase it in 2020, then your additional coverage would be the plan you purchased minus two years. Let me know if this helps.

OP
OP

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
Hi All,

I know this question has been asked many times but I can't find the answer here on the forms so I'm going to ask.

So I recently purchased a 2021 JLURD and when I was signing the paperwork I was told I can do a lift up to 4 inches without voiding warranty, first is this true?

Second is this 4 inches of lift the combination of lift and tires so total lift or is it just the suspension lift?

Thanks in advance,
You can install a lift as long as it is a Mopar certified part, and you get it put on at a Mopar certified dealership. Please see this PDF for more information.

OP
OP

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
Do you resell Mopar warranties for Jeep’s sold in Australia?

My 2020 JLUR 2.2 TD has only a five year warranty, with so many electronics and the stop start on the diesel I would like an extended warranty.

Was only offered a third party warranty, but didn’t cover items I was interested in.

thanks for taking questions!
CaptStarboard
Unfortunately no. If the vehicle was either Manufactured in a different country or territory that was not the United States, Puerto Rico, or Guam, then it is ineligible for a warranty. If the vehicle WAS manufactured in the United States and you purchase a warranty for it, it would not be valid in any other country.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are just a 3rd party reseller of mopar warranties. You are not in any other way associated with mopar. I think the name may be confusing some people, and they believe they are speaking to a mopar representive.
You are indeed correct.

OP
OP

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
Is the Mopar extended warranty transferable to a new owner, or is it only for original owner?
The warranty is like insurance, it stays with the vehicle, this can increase the resell value of your vehicle. If you wish to cancel their warranty and receive some compensation you can also do that. You will receive a pro-rated refund based on claims and the amount of coverage used (time/miles).

OP
OP

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
Can you explain a bit how Mopar Extended X works?
Sure! You know that factory warranty that comes on a brand new vehicle? The one that covers pretty much everything that could go wrong in the first 3 years or 36,000 miles? Well Mopar warranties are an EXTENSION of that, meaning you can extend that exact same warranty out even further. You also get roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement up to $35 per day, $100 sign and go towing, and a $1,000 trip interruption allowance.

OP
OP

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
Still hoping for some clarification...
The Maximum Care Mopar warranty is indeed a bumper to bumper extension of the original 3/36 Factory Warranty. As to answer your question about modifications and voiding the warranty; yes installing aftermarket parts can void the warranty, especially any modifications to Major components such as the engine or transmission could void the entire warranty. Now let's say you get an aftermarket lift, if a problem with the suspension arose, and it was deemed that that occurred because of the lift then that part of the vehicle would not be covered under warranty.

Dc7o2

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler unlimited rubicon recon
So in other words not being a “Mopar certified” lift, you can pretty much count on a dealer doing what they can to try to void a warranty claim!.
Sponsored