Sponsored

Does Anyone Have Any Questions About Manufacturer Backed Extended Warranties?

AuroraStanley

First Name
Aurora
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys & a 2016 Kawasaki Ninja.
James, no problem! Now to answer your question;

The standard three-year/50,000-mile Basic Limited Warranty delivers bumper-to-bumper coverage for your vehicle from the body to the electrical system.

In addition, as part of the Basic Limited Warranty, the Federal Emission Warranty covers the following parts of the Jeep eTorque system for 7 years/70,000 miles, whichever comes first.

EGR Cooler — 2.0L and 3.6L engines
Fuel Tank Assembly — 2.0L and 3.6L engines
Transmission Control Module — 2.0L and 3.6L engines
Turbocharger — 2.0L engine

Because of the long-time Standard Warranties on Jeep's, the hybrid charging system, hybrid electric cooling system, and hybrid power invertor system and high voltage battery are NOT covered under any New or Used Mopar Vehicle Protection Service Plan. Several Mopar Vehicle Protection Plans do, however, offer extended mechanical and other electrical parts coverage for hybrid vehicles.
I bought a 2021 JLU Willys in October, after ordering in August. We bought the extended MOPAR warranty (insisted, really on the MOPAR warranty over their third party warranty) because our understanding from finance was that it was an extension of the Bumper to Bumper warranty... Is that not the case?

Also, to touch on what Obi.Wan.Shawnobi said... finance told us that use of any non-MOPAR parts, or installation of ANY parts (mopar or not) that were done by anyone other than a certified MOPAR tech would void the entire warranty. My understanding of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act was that addition/use of aftermarket parts would void the warranty only on the aftermarket parts and any factory parts that were damaged or negatively impacted by the aftermarket add-ons. I can't find anything about DIY/non-MOPAR install. Can you clarify?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Chrysler-Factory-Warranty

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
Are the numbers negotiable, when sitting down at the signing table? I have a new Jeep on the way and I'm sure the topic will come up during the paperwork phase.
If you are purchasing from a dealership than absolutely, if you are unsure of what kind of prices you should be aiming for you can go to the Instant Quote tool on our website here, dealerships do tend to mark their prices up between $1,000-$2,000

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUXR, 2018 GC Trailhawk Hemi
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional
I appreciate you taking the time to answer some questions. I have a 2020 Wrangler Unlimited with the 2.0L turbo with eTorque, and have purchased a 7yr/100k Maximum Care warranty for it. Can you provide detail on the coverage for the eTorque system, including the 48V battery system and cooling for these components?

Thank you!

The standard three-year/50,000-mile Basic Limited Warranty delivers bumper-to-bumper coverage for your vehicle from the body to the electrical system.

In addition, as part of the Basic Limited Warranty, the Federal Emission Warranty covers the following parts of the Jeep eTorque system for 7 years/70,000 miles, whichever comes first.

Because of the long-time Standard Warranties on Jeep's, the hybrid charging system, hybrid electric cooling system, and hybrid power invertor system and high voltage battery are NOT covered under any New or Used Mopar Vehicle Protection Service Plan. Several Mopar Vehicle Protection Plans do, however, offer extended mechanical and other electrical parts coverage for hybrid vehicles.
Actually, additional eTorque/hybrid parts are covered for 8 years/80K under the Federal Emissions Warranty, at least on my 2018- directly out of the warranty book:

Jeep Wrangler JL Does Anyone Have Any Questions About Manufacturer Backed Extended Warranties? Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 1.03.46 PM

OP
OP

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
In the 2018 Jeep Warranty Book, it's noted that the BSG, cat, PCM and 46

Actually, additional Hybrid parts are covered for 8 years/80K under the Federal Emissions Warranty, at least on my 2018- directly out of the warranty book:

Jeep Wrangler JL Does Anyone Have Any Questions About Manufacturer Backed Extended Warranties? Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 1.03.46 PM
You are indeed correct! That was my mistake for not including that, my apologies, and thank you for correcting me.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
So I can buy the warranty directly from Mopar and go around the dealership? If outside of the dealership would it be cash up front. The quote I'm getting on the Mopar site is 2,600 for 8yrs. This is a little confusing because the vehicle comes with a 3yrs out of the box. So does the 8yr coverage lay on top of that or does it kick in after the 3yrs... I dunno

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
First off, the Lifetime warranty did go away in 2016, so a lifetime warranty through Mopar would be out of the question. Making modifications to your vehicle can void/make you ineligible for a warranty. If wishing to do modifications to the vehicle, such as a lift, one would have to get the lift done with Mopar certified parts, at a Mopar certified dealership. You can take a look at this, a brochure detailing lift kit coverage directly from Mopar.
In my experience, having a Mopar lift installed by a dealer didn’t do squat when I brought my 2018 JKUR Recon, with 8,000 miles, for warranty work over a squeaky driver seat and clunky noise coming from the A-pillar. The lift had nothing to do with my warranty claim. Still, the whole thing turned very ugly.

Granted, the dealer that installed the lift and the one that denied the warranty coverage were two different ones. But, honestly, it shouldn’t matter.

I’d buy an extended warranty in a heartbeat. But the experience destroyed my decades-long trust in Mopar, FCA and Jeep dealers.

OP
OP

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
So I can buy the warranty directly from Mopar and go around the dealership? If outside of the dealership would it be cash up front. The quote I'm getting on the Mopar site is 2,600 for 8yrs. This is a little confusing because the vehicle comes with a 3yrs out of the box. So does the 8yr coverage lay on top of that or does it kick in after the 3yrs... I dunno
You absolutely can purchase it directly and not have to deal with the dealership. Most likely if you get it from the dealership they will try to talk you into financing it with your lease, which means more interest, which no one likes. If you want to finance through us you can put as little as $200 down upfront, have no payments for 45 days, and then finance that remainder for 18 months.

To answer your question; all the warranties start from the original in-service date of the vehicle, so if your vehicle is 2018, the 8 years would most likely start sometime in
In my experience, having a Mopar lift installed by a dealer didn’t do squat when I brought my 2018 JKUR Recon, with 8,000 miles, for warranty work over a squeaky driver seat and clunky noise coming from the A-pillar. The lift had nothing to do with my warranty claim. Still, the whole thing turned very ugly.

Granted, the dealer that installed the lift and the one that denied the warranty coverage were two different ones. But, honestly, it shouldn’t matter.

I’d buy an extended warranty in a heartbeat. But the experience destroyed my decades-long trust in Mopar, FCA and Jeep dealers.
Wow, I am sorry to hear that you had to deal with that, did you ever get any kind of compensation or incentives for the problems you experienced?

OP
OP

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
11/30/2018 was last day to purchase ;)
You are indeed correct and it appears I was misinformed (I'm new here). Thank you for the information!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, I am sorry to hear that you had to deal with that, did you ever get any kind of compensation or incentives for the problems you experienced?
No. I dumped that Jeep at a Toyota dealership.

Now that I am back in a Wrangler, I still refuse to give any significant business to that Jeep dealer. And Mopar is now one among many brands I will consider.

Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
You are indeed correct and it appears I was misinformed (I'm new here). Thank you for the information!
:facepalm: And they sent you to this snake den to drum up business. Shame on them for doing that to you. But, you're hanging in there so far. :like:

Later,
Johnny

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep

Can you please show where FCA lists the EGR Cooler and Turbocharger as covered under the Federal 7/70k? Jeep does not list these items in their warranty booklet.

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S JL 2 DR 1999 Chevy Suburban K1500
I bought a new 2019 Wrangler Sport 2DR at a big Consolidated Auto dealer (LEE Auto) here in Maine in January 2020. At the same time and dealer I bought Platinum "Mechanical Failure Service Contract from Fidelity Warranty Services. 8 years 80,000 @$100 ded. Is this considered a Chrysler-Factory-Warranty? Should I be concerned that I bought a semi-scam?

motownsax

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL Turbo
I'm here to help answer questions about Mopar warranties, the ONLY manufacturer-backed Extended Warranty that you can purchase for a Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, or Ram vehicle.

With that said, ask away Jeep heads!
I bought a used 2018 Jeep put into service in 5/19. I bought the jeep 7/20 and payed for a 7 year Chrysler extended warranty. Mopar warranted the jeep from the in service date and not the date of purchase and was told the dealer should not have sold me a 7 year warranty considering I can only buy for 6. Is this TRUE?? THXXXXX

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I'm here to help answer questions about Mopar warranties, the ONLY manufacturer-backed Extended Warranty that you can purchase for a Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, or Ram vehicle.

With that said, ask away Jeep heads!
Mopar is the only? At my CDJR dealership in CA, the only extended warranty I was offered was a 6 year/72,000mile extended warranty called “Ally Premier Protect - Major Guard” and it can only by used at Jeep dealerships.

So is this not the Mopar extended warranty?

Now I’m confused and very concerned.
Sponsored