Sponsored

Does anyone have a diagram showing what I can or cannot spray when pressure washing under the hood?

toecheese

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR MT
Occupation
Construction
Hi all,

Recently took the JL off road, ran into a few mud obsticles and just couldn't help myself. My engine bay is now straight up brown. No black in sight. That being said, I was wondering if anyone has made or seen a diagram to help show where to avoid spraying when pressure washing under the engine bay. I have an electric power washer that works well, but doesn't seem nearly as powerful as its gas powered cousins. Thanks!
Sponsored

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t have any diagrams but if you Check YouTube out and checkout Obbessed Garage he does a few engine bay cleanings. It’s pretty straight forward and his techniques can be applied pretty much across the board.

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I don’t have any diagrams but if you Check YouTube out and checkout Obbessed Garage he does a few engine bay cleanings. It’s pretty straight forward and his techniques can be applied pretty much across the board.
I use Simple Green to spray all the engine bay. You only need to cover the air intake (if you don^t have a snorkel) and tranny breather.
Let it soak for a few minutes and then hose it off. Don't use high pressure.

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
I use Simple Green to spray all the engine bay. You only need to cover the air intake (if you don^t have a snorkel) and tranny breather.
Let it soak for a few minutes and then hose it off. Don't use high pressure.
LOVE Simple Green but I'm lazy.
Underwater.jpg

Melny67

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jlu
Never pressure wash a car engine it's not necessary to get it clean. Always use light flowing water to raise it. Keep away from big harnesses, batteries and fuses boxes. Also try not to use the car right away leave the hood open and maybe let the sun dry it out.
Sponsored