Sponsored

Does anyone have a clearlidz top or variant?

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Those black block spacers take away from the view, would dense foam pipe insulation tuck in to support and seal the edges under tension ? Obviously, they must have considered all options, but ...
Sponsored

STW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR 2door 2.0T Rubicon stingrey
I watched the install video for the JL, and JK. When 2 people carried it to the Jeep, it seemed to be very flexible, it sagged in the middle. How would it take snow build up is a question. They did mention it has an UV tint so it won't heat up in the sun. Its too pricey for me at this point, but I do like it
It's pretty flexible before you install but once on it has a bit of convex curve and feels very firm--rigid. One of the videos on Youtube has someone standing on the installed Clearlidz and it didn't sag. I live in a snowy region and am not worried about snow build up.

The longitudinal ridges do affect how the view looks. Everything still visible but those ridges distort the image where the ridge line is. People have mentioned the ridges are there to match the same longitudinal ridges in the OEM hardtop and freedom panels. But I assume those ridges are also for strength length-wise. The slight convex curve gives this flexible polycarbonate sheet rigidity in the transvers/side-to-side dimension. I'm thinking it needs the ridges to be strong enough in the longitudinal/fore-aft dimension.

The view would be better without the ridges, true. But if they're there for strength then it's worth it. Plus, the OEM look, the way it blends in on a Jeep so you don't notice it from the outside much, that's one of the things I like about the Clearlidz.

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
I'm intrigued by this product, too, but I can't find much info - videos, images, reviews - about the JL version.

We cover both the JL and JT in our video. JL starts at 3:31:

And don't forget to watch our homage to Mike Judge's Office Space printer scene, starts at 1:42.

Clearlidz Panoramic Top:
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...rlidz-transparent-panoramic-freedom-style-top

We even have a BF deal that dropped today on the Clearlidz - Buy a Clearlidz and get the storage bag FREE.

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...ansparent-panoramic-top-w-storage-bag-package

Reactions: AFD

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
So, I've had a ClearLidz for over a year now. It's on the Wrangler this minute, because it's wintertime, and in SoCal, that means chilly 60 degree days with partly cloudy skies. ;)

While it blocks UV, it doesn't block infrared, so you do get warmed up on a sunny day.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

So, I've had a ClearLidz for over a year now. It's on the Wrangler this minute, because it's wintertime, and in SoCal, that means chilly 60 degree days with partly cloudy skies. ;)

While it blocks UV, it doesn't block infrared, so you do get warmed up on a sunny day.
Do you remove and reinstall much? Does it still look new?

Sponsored

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I remove and reinstall the stock OEM Freedom panels much more often than the ClearLidz. The ClearLidz is comprised of four bolts, two pads, and one big piece of polycarbonate. It's simple, but it's seven pieces to futz with, walk around adjusting, lining up with the weatherstripping, etc. so it takes several minutes to install.

I take the hard-top and front doors off pretty often, but I keep the Freedom Panels on. I'm guessing the Freedom Panels are on 2/3 of the year, and the ClearLidz is on only 1/3 of the year. It's a pretty expensive option for what it is, and how little it gets used, I know. It seems darkly tinted, from the outside it looks like a glossy black top, but from the inside, it lets in a lot of light and scenery. It looks brand new, and I expect it's going to look that way for many years.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I like it, except for those clunky clamps across the leading edge.
A realistic damage assessment would be large hail, and a falling tree branch.

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
I decided to send my freedom panels off to Jeetop. Glad I did. Took about 2.5 weeks to get them back and they had sent me a loaner. No leaks at all through some hard rains, and a few drive through car washes. I don’t notice any additional heat or harsh sun light

C1F95A2E-1406-4518-93BE-BF3F578C0993.jpeg

AA273B2F-4199-4924-8830-6CF156221C9C.jpeg

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Are those tempered glass or plastic ? How much are they ?
I like that !! They must be strong, I see the Flip Open Hinges, they get laid back on the hard top

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
Are those tempered glass or plastic ? How much are they ?
I like that !! They must be strong, I see the Flip Open Hinges, they get laid back on the hard top
They’re a type of plastic for sure, yes they flip back (I had to modify the hinges a bit) but the rest on a cushioning pad and have a small latch that prevents it from moving or bouncing

https://jeetop.com/

Sponsored

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

They’re a type of plastic for sure, yes they flip back (I had to modify the hinges a bit) but the rest on a cushioning pad and have a small latch that prevents it from moving or bouncing

https://jeetop.com/
I don't see the hinge option on the website. Was this custom? Any pics of them open?

Bback58

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2 dr, 6 spd, 2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland automatic
I thought about the Jeetops but couldn't find much for reviews and saw a few that turned me away.

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
Aha... interesting. I love the idea of the Jeetops. Thinking I would just prefer to remove them than add that complexity.

That said, wouldn't mind a report out of how they fare in the long term.
They’ve been doing this for a long time. The owner says there are over 6000 Jeetop out in the wild and has been doing this since 2009
Sponsored