Sponsored

Does anyone else wish their 4xe engine mode selection remained the same as when they last shut it down like what Jeep did with the regen button?

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
Yes. This is also a pet peeve of mine.

For long trips, I don’t like having to switch to e-save at every gas stop in between towns. For in town driving, I don’t like having to switch to electric mode only after every coffee run or gym trip.

It’s especially inconvenient since the buttons all feel the same - there’s no textural difference between them, and the steering wheel obscures them from view. I would be less annoyed if the buttons were on the center console, where I can actually see them.

Litfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2022 Rubicon XR Hydro Blue
Yes this would be a nice little improvement.

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Am I the only one? Any chance this might be something coming in a future software update?
Doubtful it would be in a future software update as I think it's a legal matter. When vehicles get EPA certification, it must be for the default startup configuration.

As an example, using e-save as a startup mode could potentially reduce the EPA results.

Sponsored

fred17

First Name
frederic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler 4xe overland
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Yes. This is also a pet peeve of mine.

For long trips, I don’t like having to switch to e-save at every gas stop in between towns. For in town driving, I don’t like having to switch to electric mode only after every coffee run or gym trip.

It’s especially inconvenient since the buttons all feel the same - there’s no textural difference between them, and the steering wheel obscures them from view. I would be less annoyed if the buttons were on the center console, where I can actually see them.
Agree with you

OP
OP

4xeEsq

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
  • Banned
Agree with you
Doubtful it would be in a future software update as I think it's a legal matter. When vehicles get EPA certification, it must be for the default startup configuration.

As an example, using e-save as a startup mode could potentially reduce the EPA results.
I would be a happy camper if just got electric mode to auto-engage at startup.

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
I must be missing something cause my Hybrid mode is basically just electric till the battery is drained. I only switch to e-save when I get on the highway, otherwise I leave it in hybrid...The only thing I'd change up is switching the cpu's preference to ICE in Hybrid above 55mph. I'd like it to use the ICE first and battery as supplement. Electric is ok at the speed but it goes fast and passing power is not there.

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
There is a slight difference between electric and hybrid.

Electric mode prevents engine warmup from happening and you have to floor it a bit harder to get the engine to run.

In hybrid, the computer will start the engine periodically and allow it to get to temperature.

I think it also puts a bias to maintaining battery power when the climate control is active.

OP
OP

4xeEsq

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
As most of my drives are solely electric, I prefer to keep mine in electric mode unless I expect a more enthusiastic drive.
Sponsored