Does anyone do Jeep Jamborees?

CypressWrangler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JLU
I would like to do them but looks like nothing near me still going on. Hope there are some in 2019. From what I read they look family oriented and for people of all levels. I plan on staying stock for the most part with my Sport S.

What are they normally like?

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I did one in 98 at the rubicon. I think they did a great job and would do it again. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being a poser and 10 being hard core wheeler I rate myself about a 7. The rubicon I didnt find to be extreme at all but relentless. And I would not do it in a stock vehicle, although a 2 door JL might be ok. I had a 2.5 or 3 inch lift with 32s and heavily armored and came back with only a slightly bent bumper.

I would do another jamboree in rubicon for sure but probably not Moab. Not sure yet. The great thing about them is they have spotters, food and camp spots all set up. Its a no muss or fuss affair. Plus you wont get stranded.

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
I would like to do them but looks like nothing near me still going on. Hope there are some in 2019. From what I read they look family oriented and for people of all levels. I plan on staying stock for the most part with my Sport S.

What are they normally like?
They put the calendar for the year out late in the prior year, so 2019 should be released soon. Most of the events are around the same places/times every year. These are very organized trail runs in tight groups based on your vehicle lift/tire combo and skill/comfort level. You can take stock vehicles, but in my experience a little lift and larger tires go a long way. I have had great experiences with the trail guides and staff. My dad took his stock sport down the same trails as my lifted JKUR with 35’s. Skill plays a part in it for sure, but it will only take you so far when you get to places like the Rubicon.

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I did one in 98 at the rubicon. I think they did a great job and would do it again. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being a poser and 10 being hard core wheeler I rate myself about a 7. The rubicon I didnt find to be extreme at all but relentless. And I would not do it in a stock vehicle, although a 2 door JL might be ok. I had a 2.5 or 3 inch lift with 32s and heavily armored and came back with only a slightly bent bumper.

I would do another jamboree in rubicon for sure but probably not Moab. Not sure yet. The great thing about them is they have spotters, food and camp spots all set up. Its a no muss or fuss affair. Plus you wont get stranded.
Rubicon is on the bucket list for sure! So Moab was tougher?

Sponsored

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I heard that’s a wild time! Any pics from previous years?
We have been twice but really by happenstance. The first time we were camping and had our Grand Cherokee so we didn't do much off roading, only sightseeing. The second time we were passing through on a car road trip so we did do a day trip with a Jeep rental company.

That is when the bug bit us and we said we have to get our own Wrangler. So we did. This year we have an AirBNB and going for the whole week. Here are just a few random pics.

9V5A4733.JPG

9V5A4740.JPG

9V5A4748.JPG

9V5A4758.JPG

9V5A4771.JPG

9V5A4776.JPG

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Those pictures are amazing. Isn’t this country great? There are so many different places to go and see and Jeep is a good way to do it. Welcome to the family!

CypressWrangler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What does it cost to go to a jamboree?

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
What does it cost to go to a jamboree?
Not sure it costs anything to do the trails each day at least at EJS. They do have raffles and vendor booths etc you can spend money at. Cost is obviously in the lodging, food etc.

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase

CypressWrangler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anywhere from about $275 for the driver (additional fees for extra people and kids) on up.. Depends on the event. If you go to the map and click on the one you want to do, it will list the pricing.. For example the Southern Utah Adventure is $750 for the driver.

https://jeepjamboreeusa.com/tripsregister/
Thank you.....looked at the map several times but never clicked on any.

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I trail guide for the Jamboree in Uwharrie. No cost but it is hard work, lol.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Over the years I've been to Palo Duro and Land Between the Lakes. This year I did the Texas Spur and was pleasantly reminded how much I enjoy them. Enough that I already plan to sign up for the Texas Spur again in 2019 and add the Ouray, CO one as well.
Sponsored