Sponsored

Does Anyone Completely Remove The Soft Top Frame Every Day?

Themallcrawler

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL
I have a 2-door JL, and I'm not a fan of how the soft-top looks folded back. Going completely naked looks much better, but obviously its a bigger PITA to completely remove the soft top.

Does anyone completely remove their soft top every single day? How much time does it take you, or is it far too annoying to attempt to do this every day?
Sponsored

BrierPatch

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU80, 15 WK2, 13 Silverado 1500. Had: 02 TJ
I would use something like a Rain Gear trail cover instead of taking the entire top on and off. I use the trail cover for overnight trips instead of packing and unpacking the windows and half door uppers.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I have a 2-door JL, and I'm not a fan of how the soft-top looks folded back. Going completely naked looks much better, but obviously its a bigger PITA to completely remove the soft top.

Does anyone completely remove their soft top every single day? How much time does it take you, or is it far too annoying to attempt to do this every day?
Why don't you just get 1 of the various aftermarket offerings that don't look like a dog's breakfast folded down? I love my JL and I love the engineering of the soft top but it looks terrible folded down and looks terrible fully up as well. Lol. I still use it a lot though because I love the versatility.

OP
OP

Themallcrawler

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL
Why don't you just get 1 of the various aftermarket offerings that don't look like a dog's breakfast folded down? I love my JL and I love the engineering of the soft top but it looks terrible folded down and looks terrible fully up as well. Lol. I still use it a lot though because I love the versatility.
do you have any examples? they all look bad to me and I haven't found a single good aftermarket one that looks good down.

Sponsored

RenegadeT

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
77 CJ-7, 99 XJ, 2018 JLR
I put a used/almost new Mopar soft top on my 2-door several weeks ago. I agree it looks like poop folded down; I can deal with it up. What I really dislike is how it blocks the bottom 1/3 of my rear view mirror visibility.
To install, it took me and the seller 15 mins to do. I'm confident I could remove it all in 10 minutes...but I don't have a place set up to store it, that would be a mini-project to establish that.
That being said, I love the versatility of the soft top. I don't think (besides the ride home from sellers hose) that I've driven with the windows in yet. I put them in at home during rain threats. Usually I drive without doors and windows; top up safari-mode in the sun, drop top when no shade is needed.

JHTS

First Name
John & Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko JLU Freedom, 2020 Punk'n JL Sport S
Occupation
John - US Army Ret/DA Civilian / Holly - Boss of husband
I take mine off sometimes but I have two and a garage. Normally I just put two bungees around the top as you can sort of see in the picture.
Jeep Wrangler JL Does Anyone Completely Remove The Soft Top Frame Every Day? both5

Sponsored

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
I wouldn't suggest taking it off all the time. You would run the risk of scratching the paint by accident eventually.

I do it once a year when I switch from the hardtop and takes me about 45 mins with all the hardware.

Swagger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Does anyone have a link to the procedure to remove and add the soft top? I'm hoping its as simple as: fold the top all the way down, secure the folded fabric with bungees or ropes, unlatch the rollers and remove 4 screws. Thx...

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I took the rails around the doors off when I had my 2 door:
IMG_7057-X3.jpg

This looked cleaner and didn’t take a lot of time (but I keep the doors off and top down spring through fall).
Sponsored