Sponsored

Does anybody have any idea where the bulky plug-in hybrid battery packs will be placed?

pantheman75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cherokee Limited, 2023 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
I know that on the Pacifica plug-in hybrid the "stow and go" under floor storage had to be eliminated in favor of the hybrid battery placement... does anybody have any information (or guesses) where the batteries will be stored on the Wrangler? Can we assume that the under floor storage in the "trunk" is toast?
Sponsored

ogjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep Wrangler Turbo 2 door Mojito
I know that on the Pacifica plug-in hybrid the "stow and go" under floor storage had to be eliminated in favor of the hybrid battery placement... does anybody have any information (or guesses) where the batteries will be stored on the Wrangler? Can we assume that the under floor storage in the "trunk" is toast?
I would assume so. the 48v battery pack is under the jeep. i would expect these to be the same

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
The batteries are not under the Jeep. They are inside under the rear seat. There are a ton of videos online showing exactly where the batteries are located. Just Google 2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe.

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
And the rear cargo no longer folds flat FWIW
Yea that's a bummer for those who like to sleep back there. It still works for my uses but I guess you could build a frame to put back there for camping purposes.

20201020_202625.jpg

Sponsored

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
The batteries are not under the Jeep. They are inside under the rear seat. There are a ton of videos online showing exactly where the batteries are located. Just Google 2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe.
The original poster asked this in 2018 when none of this info was available. You bumped a 2 year old thread to tell him to google it.

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
The original poster asked this in 2018 when none of this info was available. You bumped a 2 year old thread to tell him to google it.
Very odd. I got t somehow seeming like it was a new post. I never noticed it was super old. I also posted a recent photo showing where the batteries are located.
Sponsored