First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
If I saw a Jeep with a snorkel, not only would I pass for that reason, I'd also wonder "What other stupid stuff has this guy done to the vehicle?"

But then again, keeping a vehicle as pristine as possible for resale is like not banging the old lady to keep her tight for the next guy.

Life is a series choices...
Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Although I generally agree with what has been said about hurting resale, atleast in America, snorkels are generally not installed for deep water crossing. Infact most sellers including AEV state that. They are mostly installed, atleast by those that are not looking only as aesthetics, to provide cleaner, cooler air to the engine. Especially in very dusty/sandy areas of the country/world. You see it all the time in places like Australia. From what I have read that doesn't seem to be the case for OP, but didn't see it mentioned.
Finally, some actual sense in this thread.

I’m thinking of adding either AEV or Mopar snorkel. That means cutting the hood. Will that be bad later for trade in? I know I could go down the RR route which doesn’t cut anything important but the RR snorkel covers up the fuse box and battery.
No. The only thing that negatively affects resale value on Wranglers are mechanical issues, rust, or an accident.

The Wrangler is always highly sought after, especially today, and while the more mechanically savvy or wheeling enthusiast may pass up a modded Jeep, the average buyer won't. Most people want a Wrangler for the sake of having a Wrangler. They don't care what's on it or why. You could spray 50 dicks on one, literally call it the Jeep Wrangler 50 Dick Edition, and as long as it drives, someone will buy it.

I only lost $3k on what I paid for my last JK new vs. what they gave me for it. It had the AEV snorkel on it (one of the few things you obviously can't take off on a trade), tires that weren't in the best condition, lots of mileage, and the dealership sold it in less than a week.

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Finally, some actual sense in this thread.

The average American would think let's slap a snorkel on and see how deep we can go, at least in this area. Dust is not an issue around here so it was built up as an awesome mall crawler, or someone did it to swim. You can find signs of swimming lol.

CDRMidnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Snorkel on a Jeep, no thanks.
Snorkel around Hawaii, sign me up now!

girl-snorkel-turtles.jpg
Moving to Hawaii was the second best decision in my life… First one being buying the Jeep, of course!! :rock:;):)

Cheers,
-CM-

Sponsored

Yogi1956

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Clubs

The best part of installing a snorkel would be when your wife comes out and asks “did the Jeep come with that?” “Yes it did” then she shrugs and walks away