First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
I’m thinking of adding either AEV or Mopar snorkel. That means cutting the hood. Will that be bad later for trade in? I know I could go down the RR route which doesn’t cut anything important but the RR snorkel covers up the fuse box and battery.
Sponsored

Alex01

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Wrangler, 2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I’m thinking of adding either AEV or Mopar snorkel. That means cutting the hood. Will that be bad later for trade in? I know I could go down the RR route which doesn’t cut anything important but the RR snorkel covers up the fuse box and battery.
I would think so. A snorkle is a love it or hate it mod. Therefore it would shrink the market for the vehicle.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Jeepmarkjl

Would say it would have a very negative impact... Most guys I know to include myself would not buy / would pass by to the next in line a JK or JL with a snorkel.....

Sure some, a few guys / gals they appeal to but not the majority for sure..

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
I would think it narrows the market a LOT.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I’m thinking of adding either AEV or Mopar snorkel. That means cutting the hood. Will that be bad later for trade in?
I wouldn't want to see a snorkel on a Wrangler that I'm interested in purchasing; possibly a dealer might also view it negatively when calculating a trade-in valuation. Admittedly, it's a subjective matter.

Sponsored

Vrrooom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
There are snorkels for the JL that doesn’t require any cutting. Just swaps out the piece above the fender. So just remove it before selling.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
I would never buy a used Jeep with a snorkel.

OP
OP
Jeepmarkjl

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
@Jeepmarkjl

Would say it would have a very negative impact... Most guys I know to include myself would not buy / would pass by to the next in line a JK or JL with a snorkel.....

Sure some, a few guys / gals they appeal to but not the majority for sure..
Thank you. Wise advise. I need to stop watching YouTube!!

Sponsored

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
If you really want one, maybe keep your eyes open for a spare hood that you can put on at trade in.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I think snorkels look awesome, especially on Jeeps, but I wouldn't buy one with a snorkel used.

MOST people who bother with the cost/install of a snorkel do so for one reason: to use it. Which tells me that this Jeep has likely "seen some things". If I'm buying a used Jeep, I want the most stock one I can find - people who drive stock Jeeps don't usually take them off the pavement.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I think snorkels look awesome, especially on Jeeps, but I wouldn't buy one with a snorkel used.

MOST people who bother with the cost/install of a snorkel do so for one reason: to use it. Which tells me that this Jeep has likely "seen some things". If I'm buying a used Jeep, I want the most stock one I can find - people who drive stock Jeeps don't usually take them off the pavement.
Snorkels are the biggest poser mod there is. I know guys who put a snorkel on their truck just to look butch. The farthest they ever go is the far end of the mall parking lot.

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
I’m thinking of adding either AEV or Mopar snorkel. That means cutting the hood. Will that be bad later for trade-in? I know I could go down the RR route which doesn’t cut anything important but the RR snorkel covers up the fuse box and battery.
If you want to install a snorkel for looks... one option would be to get the one that does not require any cutting of the hood... keep the OEM parts and when you are ready to trade-in remove the snorkel and reinstall the OEM parts

Alex01

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Wrangler, 2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link

Because driving though water deeper than your hood isn't going to cause every electrical system in the jeep to fail.. snorkles are 100% for looks. Unless your Fred From dirt every day.
Sponsored