Sponsored

Does adding a lift kit void my warrenty?

moonbeam55

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Since I am new to the Jeep experience and I see all these Jeeps with lift kits, does adding a lift kit of 1.5 to 2 inches void my warrenty? I recently bought a 2020 Wrangler 2 door and I am thinking of adding 33 inch tires but am wondering about: 1) - do I need a lift and 2) - will I be voiding my warrenty? Thank you for any insight with this dilema!!!!
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I've had no issues with warranty and lift. But if I go wheel and break something on 37's I wouldn't expect a warranty to apply if for instance, I broke an axle shaft or a control arm mount, etc.

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
If anything related to the suspension breaks there is always a possibility the dealership will not fix it under warranty. Like many others here, including myself, if something gets denied don't even bother trying to fight it because it will get you NO WHERE, just go to another dealership.

Sponsored

OP
OP
moonbeam55

moonbeam55

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If anything related to the suspension breaks there is always a possibility the dealership will not fix it under warranty. Like many others here, including myself, if something gets denied don't even bother trying to fight it because it will get you NO WHERE, just go to another dealership.
So I guess the answer is maybe yes, maybe no, depending on how the dealership where I bought my Jeep feels...... When I bought it I purchased an extended warrenty for $1800... guess I should have used the money for other worthwhile mods for my new baby!!!!

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Holy crap! I would not have thought about that that!!!!!
LOL, it's because you're new. If you have an issue with your Jeep, they will say anything to void your warranty. So beware.

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
There is the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, which in part says if the part that you modified caused the failure for the warranty claim than the manufacture does not have to cover that part

so you put a lift and larger tires, the radio dies, they must cover the radio, but say the axle breaks they can claim that the cause was because of the tires so they may turn down that warranty claim but does not totally void your warranty

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson–Moss_Warranty_Act

OP
OP
moonbeam55

moonbeam55

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, which in part says if the part that you modified caused the failure for the warranty claim than the manufacture does not have to cover that part

so you put a lift and larger tires, the radio dies, they must cover the radio, but say the axle breaks they can claim that the cause was because of the tires so they may turn down that warranty claim but does not totally void your warranty

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson–Moss_Warranty_Act
Good to know - thank you for this info.....

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Ford F350
Holy crap! I would not have thought about that that!!!!!
Good, because that is NOT TRUE. Your warranty is not "void". They CAN deny claims if your modifications are what cause the problem. They can't deny them if your modifications did not cause the problem. The burden of proof is with the manufacturer. That is not to say everyone deals honestly, but the LAW is on your side.
Sponsored