Sponsored

Do you wish Mopar made half doors and uppers for the JL?

Do you wish Mopar made half doors and uppers for the JL

• Total voters

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
  • Banned
This is what would would have looked like (watch from 5:57 and warning to headphone users...)

Please vote and make your voices be heard!
Sponsored

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I am waiting for them. I want them bad. After owning a CJ7 for 15 years the doors with the window frame makes me feel to enclosed.

MountiesNGamecocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUS, 22 Ram, 14 Must GT, 94 Cobra
I have had 4 wranglers in the past, all of them with half doors. Then I got an 18 JLU and got rid of it because I hated not having half doors. I'd order a 2020 JL tomorrow if half doors became available.

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
YES.... bring the half doors back already.... please....

I would get a JL or Gladiator in an instant even with the incredibly inflated prices if they came with half doors. My JK with half doors is 11 years old. I love it, but would love a new Jeep. I just can’t get one without half doors.... never.

My Jeep:

FD5DE1BC-D678-4DAF-B386-F4DC9BEE1EB9.jpeg
1E704A12-ED80-41C7-B5F1-E2116356A85C.jpeg

This wasn’t mine but this is what I drooled over back in the TJ years:
2E586F51-079A-4D97-B0DB-C54E046575DC.jpeg

SABLE RHINO

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S 3.6L
I want them but voted no, I don't have a place to store my full doors or the half doors when not using. I like them a lot...

Sponsored

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I want them but voted no, I don't have a place to store my full doors or the half doors when not using. I like them a lot...
The nice thing about half doors and a soft top is that you never need space to store anything anywhere!!!

Just like the side and rear windows of the soft top, the upper halves of the doors go in the trunk of the Jeep, while you are out and about. You never need storage space at home.

Believe me... with OME half doors you will never feel the need to completely remove the doors. The greatly improved open air experience combined with some safety of a real door is plenty.

And if you’re out and it starts raining then you have everything you need to close the Jeep back up. Taking off and putting on the half doors is simpler than dealing with the soft top. Simply open a door and slide the upper half in. That’s it. And they feel like real doors... not like aftermarket products that only look like doors from the outside.

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Me too. I think Jeep promised.

ProjectJL

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
This is what would would have looked like (watch from 5:57 and warning to headphone users...)

Please vote and make your voices be heard!
Those are a fully custom job by DCD. They are not prototype or preproduction half doors.

Sponsored

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
I'm sure they're not as swanky as legit Mopar half doors, but the Bestop core doors look nice enough if they made them for the JL... Though I'd rather the uppers had glass windows.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I've given up hope on Jeep producing half doors. I'm going with the JCR half doors. They are a nice simple option.

I'm sure a full set of doors modified to work would be $5-10 K. JCR is about $1k, and then paint for about $1k, I expect

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
I'm considering moving to a state where you can be ticketed for no doors (and people on here have been). If I do move there, I'l be the first in line for half doors. And I love the idea of half doors and a soft top, being able to go around nearly naked but be fully clothed in a few minutes if there's rain.
Sponsored