Do you think there will be a 2024 392? Or any other V8 Wrangler ever again?

Ten4Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited / 2023 Jeep 392 XR (ordered)
Oh yeah my bet is 392 is gone by then. The 3.0 Hurricane Inline 6 is producing more power, lighter weight and it will be the latest and greatest thing. Plus you will have the option of a SO standard output version or HO high output version.
You’re probably right on these points, however the 392 is already overly-sufficient in power (almost scary for this vehicle 😆) and no 6-cyl is ever going to have that raw, vintage muscle-car sound that the 392 brings to this Jeep. I hope they keep the V8 around as an option for a bit longer, just for old-school guys like myself😉

🍻

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma
I firmly believe the 392 was planned for a short 3-year production run. 2021 through 2023.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I’ll
You’re probably right on these points, however the 392 is already overly-sufficient in power (almost scary for this vehicle 😆) and no 6-cyl is ever going to have that raw, vintage muscle-car sound that the 392 brings to this Jeep. I hope they keep the V8 around as an option for a bit longer, just for old-school guys like myself😉

🍻
I will take a low stress, lumbering V8 to a high stress, high boost, needs high RPM for a very modest HP gain T-6. Want more power? Boost the V8, End Of Comparison :CWL:!!!

Ten4Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited / 2023 Jeep 392 XR (ordered)
I firmly believe the 392 was planned for a short 3-year production run. 2021 through 2023.
If you are right, then we can hopefully benefit from some retention in re-sale value down the line. I have high hopes that I’m going to enjoy this vehicle so much that I won’t ever consider selling it 😂😂

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you are right, then we can hopefully benefit from some retention in re-sale value down the line. I have high hopes that I’m going to enjoy this vehicle so much that I won’t ever consider selling it 😂😂
NEVER!!— It is destined to be a family heirloom along with Dad’s 3A!!:jk::rock:

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Dont drive it, store it properly and wait 40 years and yeah, it’ll be worth a chunk (provided you can even buy fuel then😳)-or you can just drive it and enjoy it NOW. IMHO no new vehicle should be bought as an “investment” (though I DO wish I’d kept the ‘Cuda Hemi😳)

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dont drive it, store it properly and wait 40 years and yeah, it’ll be worth a chunk (provided you can even buy fuel then😳)-or you can just drive it and enjoy it NOW. IMHO no new vehicle should be bought as an “investment” (though I DO wish I’d kept the ‘Cuda Hemi😳)
“Wish” is a profound understatement!! This old car nut has owned 2 “collectors “ and 3 “collectibles” Sigh— I remove all sharp objects before watching the auctions. Had we only known! :crying: Edit—also correct on fuel, the loss of 100 octane pump gas (minimum required)cost me the best one (Eng ser #HP 360 out of 500 69 GTX) PS—my all time favorite is the 70 Hemi Cuda convertible, if I only had a couple million $ in spare cash it could be possible.

Last edited:

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
“Wish” is a profound understatement!! This old car nut has owned 2 “collectors “ and 3 “collectibles” Sigh— I remove all sharp objects before watching the auctions. Had we only known! :crying: Edit—also correct on fuel, the loss of 100 octane pump gas (minimum required)cost me the best one (Eng ser #HP 360 out of 500 69 GTX)
Ouch! I watched a Barrett’s a few years ago and almost died when I saw the $$ those old cars were worth. I think the ‘Cuda was like $4300 NEW (‘course that was all the money in the free world at the time and REALY stretched the budget😏)

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ouch! I watched a Barrett’s a few years ago and almost died when I saw the $$ those old cars were worth. I think the ‘Cuda was like $4300 NEW (‘course that was all the money in the free world at the time and REALY stretched the budget😏)
They were being all but given away during the Arab oil embargo. Octane down to ~92, skyrocketing price, huge shortages, long lines at the stations that had gas , could only get gas on certain days according to odd or even license numbers. There was a 427 Shelby Cobra on the used car lot of John Drew Dodge for $3,995, my father wouldn’t co-sign. See edit on last post. Edit-traded my GTX for a Harley :headbang:

sourdough

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
white JLR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
wanderer
Vehicle Showcase
Oh to the 392. Glad you existed like the small block 401 V8 in Wagoneer's and J- trucks from years gone bye bye. Still my favorite jeep motor to date was in my favorite real Jeep offered in 1970. A 2,200lb., CJ5, with a 225 V6 that had a HD flywheel, and granny 6.34 1st gear 4 spd. option which included a rear D44 HD thick tube rear differential. Like a properly trail geared 401 with the granny 4 spd. you could almost count each cylinder firing when crawling. Can't do that with a high spooled turbo motor. Yet, are the good times really over for good ? No.

Last edited:

Vito92

First Name
Isaiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JL 2Door Willys
I say it will be here. Must manifest and channel positive energies and synergies ☮

OP
OP
Joaquim

Joaquim

First Name
Joaquim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Autist
Doubt there would be a market for a 392 in 2024 especially when you have a turbo six with better fuel economy, more modability and more horsepower/torque.
392 sound - ford went back with the raptor

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Doubt there would be a market for a 392 in 2024 especially when you have a turbo six with better fuel economy, more modability and more horsepower/torque.
oh there’s a market. The new I6 could get twice the gas mileage, cost half as much, have twice the power and give you a hot stone massage every day… and there’s still be some Luddite out there that would rather have 2 more cylinders.

Cajunali

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon, 2018 Yukon XL Denali
oh there’s a market. The new I6 could get twice the gas mileage, cost half as much, have twice the power and give you a hot stone massage every day… and there’s still be some Luddite out there that would rather have 2 more cylinders.
That would be me 😆 the sound of a naturally aspirated V8 purring underneath the hood there is nothing and will be nothing as beautiful!!!

Teraflex