Sponsored

do you reuse stock tire carrier with Mopar tailgate reinforcement or need one for bigger tire?

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
I have 35" Nexen Roadian MTX tires (physically 34" tall) on aftermarket wheels with a -5mm offset. That offset pushes the tire out almost 2", which means it fits fine on the stock tailgate mount. The only thing I needed was to add 1¼" to the bump stops to keep the tire from shaking. The cover no longer fits over the camera, but I can see just fine.

Jeep Wrangler JL do you reuse stock tire carrier with Mopar tailgate reinforcement or need one for bigger tire? PXL_20210429_120724431
Sponsored

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Bumper interference can be handled with wheel spacer and posibly adjusting your bumper lower on its mounts to the frame.

tehkayd

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting-Gray
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I knew I wanted bigger tires so I get the reinforced hingegate and 35" fit on but it looks like the brake lite was mounted to the last slot available and still shows.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I knew I wanted bigger tires so I get the reinforced hingegate and 35" fit on but it looks like the brake lite was mounted to the last slot available and still shows.
There’s 2 positions for the 3rd brake light assembly. Default is the lower position where 2 screws hold it in place on both sides (4 screws total). The higher position only uses 1 screw on each side (2 screws total).
Sponsored