Sponsored

Do you prefer a black or body coloured hardtop?

BackToWrangler

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary JLU
I ordered a JLU Sahara last month and eagerly waiting for it....

I chose bright white with a black hardtop (also getting the soft top).

I especially like the contrast between the black and white.

It seems like the majority of JL’s I see on the road and at the dealer have the matching top...wondering what others think...??

Thanks

745B1163-086C-4526-A98B-A2CA4A9D2ADA.jpeg
I'm with you. I prefer the contrast of the black top.

Jeep Wrangler JL Do you prefer a black or body coloured hardtop? 20210313_123341

Jeep Wrangler JL Do you prefer a black or body coloured hardtop? 20210313_123348
Sponsored

C0mm0n773

First Name
Enrique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Oscar Mike Edition
I always think of the body matched colours as being more formal, something that looks great on a Sahara or similar trim. It looks more polished for someone who works in an office and is trying to show a level of professionalism.

The black top looks like you spend your weekends in the mountains, at the beach or on the trails ... to each their own.
I don’t even like the hardtop lol I love my soft top and the ease to take the top of wherever I’m at and putting it back up. In case I ever get caught in random weather.

Chotaling

First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport Unlimited
I think it depends on Jeep color and personal choice. I have Mojito and think the black top offsets thegreen.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Black. That’s what makes the wrangler stand out. Very very few vehicles on the road other than convertibles have two tone or a black top. what makes a jeep look like a jeep. Being a different color in this case black. It looks like it’s designed to be removed which it is. again very unique.

Sponsored

Cavs42

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Black for sure. I rented a painted top wrangler and the freedom panels were scratched to hell from being in the rear of the vehicle. No bueno.

ValB

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon 392
I can't stand the body colored hard top's. I am forced to get one on the 392 I ordered !! Still waiting, waiting, waiting, yep waiting ...sucks..

BB3

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2021
Back home in Colorado I always liked dark colors and black tops. Then I built a house in Southwest Florida... now I have bright white because of the year round hot temps and love it.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I have a white 2020 Safari. I think the black top looks terrible with this color...but that is just me. Needless to say I have a white hardtop AND a tan soft top for the summer.

Also have tan leather seats, which were difficult to find. I think they look better and are much cooler in the Summer.

Sponsored

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
We order about 70% unpainted tops here. I'm a fan of unpainted, and do most of the ordering. A lot of people around here don't want painted tops anyway. We can order you one if we don't have it, and they are usually here from order date to on the ground in about 30 days. I do like painted fenders, and understand they can get scratched. That's why I had them wrapped in Xpel PPF. Love that stuff. Did Grill, Hood, around windshield, and all fenders.

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
I can't stand the body colored hard top's. I am forced to get one on the 392 I ordered !! Still waiting, waiting, waiting, yep waiting ...sucks..
I bet you'd have no problem finding someone on here that would be happy to trade your color hardtop for their black hardtop. There are usually people in the classifieds on here looking to do just that...

KarlN

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited 4XE
Occupation
Retired
Depends...Bright colors like white, firecracker red, mojito etc. look better with black. Colors like sting gray, crystal granite, silver and black look better in body color. Srg green can go either way.