Sponsored

Do you prefer a black or body coloured hardtop?

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
I always think of the body matched colours as being more formal, something that looks great on a Sahara or similar trim. It looks more polished for someone who works in an office and is trying to show a level of professionalism.

The black top looks like you spend your weekends in the mountains, at the beach or on the trails ... to each their own.
Sponsored

Bback58

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2 dr, 6 spd, 2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland automatic
My Wrangler had to have a black top - something about the contrast on a Wrangler looks better to me. My Gladiator has the color matched top. It's weird but I thought the pickup looked better with the same color top.

Sponsored

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
I ordered a JLU Sahara last month and eagerly waiting for it....

I chose bright white with a black hardtop (also getting the soft top).

I especially like the contrast between the black and white.

It seems like the majority of JL’s I see on the road and at the dealer have the matching top...wondering what others think...??

Thanks

Jeep Wrangler JL Do you prefer a black or body coloured hardtop? 20210314_181910
Black. If I scratch it I have no regrets. The top is lower maintenance and complements my white JLU.

LtRoastABotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 Grand Cherokee
I prefer black hard top. I don’t like the body colored top or fender flairs. Like you, I like the contrast. But... My Jeep is black so there isn’t much contrast. Lol.

Horsemover

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / 1997 TJ 4.0
Black top and black flares for me...hard to find in my area. Love the contrast.

Sponsored

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I ordered black for my Hydro Blue Rubi. Same for the fenders. I like the contrast. Though, honestly, I kinda wish I could get a top in a nice saddle tan color. Hoping maybe eventually someone will make a soft top in that color at least.

Also, considering the amount of scrapes and scratches I've put on my JK's hardtop when loading my kayak, I can't see paying extra for a fancy painted one that's just gonna get beat to hell (and can't be 'fixed' with strategic use of a black sharpie).

johnnyj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless but still a fan.
I pick up my Ursa Minor top next month, went with black textured sides/back with white gelcoat top. Normally I go with all black jeep tops, and prefer unpainted fender flares.

Deleted member 59498

Black just works. All same color nah, break it up. But nothing wrong with all color the same. I just don't think Sarge green would look that better with all the same. I want to black out wheels though.

Jeep Wrangler JL Do you prefer a black or body coloured hardtop? wran
Sponsored