Sponsored

Do you need the steel bumper to put grill guard on?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S (Gladys) - 89' Civic SI
i'm looking to get a rubicon bumper and want to put this grille guard on it, but wondering if it has to be the steel 3 piece bumper, or if the stock one will work?
warn-102350-rubicon-grille-guard-medium-jl.jpg
Sponsored

Shepherd12

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR HellaYella m/t
Occupation
Something about cryogenics
Steel or no deal. No sense screwing a bull bar onto a piece of plastic.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S (Gladys) - 89' Civic SI
Steel or no deal. No sense screwing a bull bar onto a piece of plastic.
thanks, didn't know if the regular rubicon also had some kind of metal frame underneath the plastic to screw it to.

Trek54

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Rubicon
i'm looking to get a rubicon bumper and want to put this grille guard on it, but wondering if it has to be the steel 3 piece bumper, or if the stock one will work?
Jeep Wrangler JL Do you need the steel bumper to put grill guard on? warn-102350-rubicon-grille-guard-medium-jl
curious if your winch fits tight against your grill? Mine actually touches and not sure if I can even get mine off now........

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Very old thread... but yeah, when I had a 12k Zeon, it rubbed. My new smithy built doesn’t.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
curious if your winch fits tight against your grill? Mine actually touches and not sure if I can even get mine off now........
When it comes to the mopar steel bumper, fitment depends on the specific winch and mounting plate that is used. I have a Warn zeon 12s and Warn winch plate. I've got about 3/8" clearance to the grill...

Jeep Wrangler JL Do you need the steel bumper to put grill guard on? 20230325_071109

Trek54

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Rubicon
When it comes to the mopar steel bumper, fitment depends on the specific winch and mounting plate that is used. I have a Warn zeon 12s and Warn winch plate. I've got about 3/8" clearance to the grill...

Jeep Wrangler JL Do you need the steel bumper to put grill guard on? 20230325_071109
Man that looks close! in the middle it looks like its pressing on your grill. How could you even get your grill off?I guess I could unbolt my winch when I ever needed to take the grill off also. Thanks

Terrymo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR 3.6 ET
Clubs

Man that looks close! in the middle it looks like its pressing on your grill. How could you even get your grill off?I guess I could unbolt my winch when I ever needed to take the grill off also. Thanks
Check out this Northridge4x4 grill mod video
Sponsored