Do you like the JL or JLU?

JL or JLU?

• Total voters

tilleo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
The release of the JL/JLU, the JL didn't get as much coverage as the JLU. Which one do you want?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Merica!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully JLU
Occupation
Future breaker of JL Wrangler parts!
The JL is too small for my needs. So JLU for me.

SpyDJeep

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"18 JLUR Punk'n, '11 JKU Mango tango, '17 JKU Granite crystal, 98 XJ plow jeep
Vehicle Showcase
I work out of my Jeep and the cargo space is very important to me. JLU all the way for me. My JKU's have been amazing for my use. looking forward to the next chapter in my wrangler life. :rock:

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I like the cargo space of the JLU. I could take 2 kids and 2 dogs. Now that my kids are grown up I still have 1 dog which her spot is the cargo area. I have a small chain and she gets hooked up with a proper dog harness for safety. Especially important when the top is off.

Sponsored

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

I’m a lone wolf, a rebel Dottie. But the idea of sleeping in the JLU is intradasting

whatroads

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500 QC 4x4, 2012 Wangler
There's no option for "both". Wife currently has a 2012 JK. I plan on getting a JLU. Mostly, because I need the extra passenger and cargo capacity. About a year after I purchase the JLU wife will be due to trade in her JK. I would be very surprised if she did not get a JL. I would be equally surprised if she also did not get another manual trans.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I love both, but prefer the 4 door for its space, range, ride, etc. I do love the 2 door, though.

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
I like "both". I've had 2 JKUs, they were just commuters, 60 miles a day, so I'm 99% sure I'm going to a JL this time.

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
I think the 2-door looks much more appealing than the jk 2 door. This is where I see the biggest styling changes comparing the generations. Especially new JL rubicon.
I’m getting jlu for practicality but I’d probably get the JL if it were not my DD

Sponsored

Farmdawg

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
The JL is just damn sexy. The JLU is the not as attractive bigger sister.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
I want a JL but will probably "settle" for the JLU for the additional cargo space. Things could change, though, and I have plenty of time before I pull the trigger. Also need to see what, if any, changes there might be for the Central American market if I choose to buy there rather than deal with import/duties/bribes etc.

Jcsieman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, Lexus RX 350
Superficially I like the JL more. It has more “personality” and looks better to me. But factoring capability/capacity, I like, and have ordered, the JLU.

Willjack

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S, 2012 JK Sahara, 2008 Mini Cooper S
I'm ordering the 2 door because I don't want to commute in the larger 4 door. This will be my 5th 2 door Wrangler. My 2 kids and wife fit fine in the 2 door but I think we are willing to pack light and squeeze in more than most people. I've fit things in the 2 door Wrangler that many people would never try so it is possible but not easy. I figure a lot of the time only one or two of us is in the vehicle so it makes sence to me to buy for what we need most of the time versus the rarer case like the whole family road trip. It seems like people want the 2 door but feel obligated to get the 4 door. I do feel a little guilty that my kids don't get their own door but the 2 door will save us money!

citzen z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Liberty (Daily Driver), 2018 JL Sport
Occupation
Amateur Astrophysicist and new Jeep Enthusiast
I am going with the 2 door. its just the wife and myself and will mainly be a driving to the trailhead vehicle anyway. as far as cargo space I have my other jeep for that. I will miss not being able to put the back seat down and sleep in it, but that's what an air mattress and tent are for now
Sponsored