Sponsored

Do you keep or sell your take offs?

Do you keep or sell your take off parts?

• Total voters

mdelzer

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.undercontrollabs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JULR Sting-Gray
Occupation
Developer, Home Automation and AV
Just curious how may Jeep guys keep their take off OEM parts? I know it’s pretty common with sports cars to return to stock before a sale and keep the parts for the next one or sell the parts independently. I see a lot of Jeep OEM parts for sale on all the forums and got to wondering.
Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Depends on what it is. I like the fact that IF a warranty issue were to arise, I can put my Jeep back to stock suspension on a Saturday morning. Also, if gas prices get stupid, I can throw my factory wheels/tires back on and get that $50/month in fuel costs back that I lost with large tires and wheels that stick out and grab air.

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I sell them.. I live in a condo and don't have much storage available. Also not interested in paying $80 a month for a storage unit somewhere to house parts I'll never even look at again...

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I am trying to sell my Sport S take-offs but no takers. If I can't sell them I may store them and put them back on when I sell my Jeep.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I kept my rock rails and sold the takeoff wheels and tires while they were fresh. Tires have a shelf life. Rails do not. I'd likely sell the takeoff suspension if/when I decide on a lift as it's just pointless to try to lower a jeep back to stock.

Sponsored

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I am trying to sell my Sport S take-offs but no takers. If I can't sell them I may store them and put them back on when I sell my Jeep.
I sold my wheels yesterday and my tires today... When I upgraded to the Warn bumper I tossed the Sport stock bumper as It's probably worth a whopping $30.... Kept the fog lights but they can easily go in a closet and take up little to no space...

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I sold my wheels yesterday and my tires today... When I upgraded to the Warn bumper I tossed the Sport stock bumper as It's probably worth a whopping $30.... Kept the fog lights but they can easily go in a closet and take up little to no space...
How much did you ask for the tires?