Sponsored

Do you guys think that most of the orders are halted during to parts?

Kaif Momin

First Name
Kaif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
I ordered my Jlur in November and it’s been sitting in the D1 phase for a while now I was given 14-16 weeks, so since my 14 weeks end this week I got back to my dealer and he told me to reach out again in two weeks and now I’m just wondering…
Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Well, production didn't start until mid to late-December. So, you're really only waiting from the point production started, which is six-seven weeks or so. They can't build your Jeep until they start production.

Additionally, your build time will be relative to the build. If you have a no-nonsense, few options, plain-Jane kind of a build, I'd expect it to take far less than a fully-kitted out Gucci-build.

To put it in perspective, I ordered a JLR on 12/20/21. It's built and in transit, on the way to the dealer. It's already on a train and should be on a truck for final delivery within a week (if there are drivers available once it arrives at the train yard). So, my build took seven weeks from order to shipping. It should be another week or two before I can pick it up, so maybe nine weeks total.

If you look at your build starting from when production started on 2022 models (it couldn't have started prior to production starting), you're at about seven weeks. No big deal.

Last edited:

Deleted member 59498

People confuse the start up for Wrangler assembly. Really before Jan 1st the building was start stop with days without any Jeeps getting constructed. Then holidays thrown in. SO really only 6 or 7 solid build weeks. What date you pre-ordered has no determination on when it gets built. It would never work that way in the real world. I am sure it is a computer deciding most of the build times.

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 money pits: Turbo Busa, Road King, 22JLUR snazz
Occupation
Powerplant operator
My 2022 Gucci build Rubi was delivered last month. Took just under 100 days and 60 days of that total was waiting for the mid December start of MY2022. And I had Christmas and New Years holidays to interrupt progress.

At 900 miles in 13 days so far and been dirty a couple times.

Jeep Wrangler JL Do you guys think that most of the orders are halted during to parts? C5FBEC70-315D-400D-9808-E133DD95D512

Sponsored

Twist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR
From what I gather jeep production was very low through December. Officially starting production of 2022 model wranglers on Dec 16th. However the production was off & on due to availability, and we also had Christmas and New years.

From what I gather, full production ramp didn't really happen until around January 6th. So, that would put the Toledo plant at full ramp for about 4.5 weeks for 2022 model wranglers.

Hopefully supply chain and parts availability doesn't cause too many issues, and Jeep is able to catch up on the backorder of wranglers.

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
I don’t think any orders are “halted”. They’re building a few hundred vehicles per day. Looking at orders and VINs, I’d guess they’re close to 80,000 or more orders already. They don’t build them sequentially, and from what most have gathered, there is no rhyme or reason to what vehicles get built and what don’t.

Just checking dealer inventory around me (15 dealers or so) I see a lot of Rubicons showing up and a lot of Sport S models. I see vehicles with all different option groupings as well so I don’t think there is one or a couple specific parts holding any one vehicle back.

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Powerplant operator
In November and December Jeep still made 13,300 wranglers each month. They keep pumping them out. Jeep is doing way better than Ford shutting down their plant making the Bronco and Ranger.

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Powerplant operator
Before someone ask for source on Wrangler builds.

Linky

Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Powerplant operator