Sponsored

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
Seems like a good beach buggy option. Would be likely to break rods for the kind of terrain that I frequent.
Sponsored

Peach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I've had this problem numerous times. That being said, if i don't win, I'll definitely have to buy a set for myself.

Sponsored

JeepWhealen

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 2015 JKU Sport S Current: 2023 Willys XR
Happens to me a lot actually. I don’t live near a beach, but I go lake/river fishing in the NoVA area and I’m always trying to fit my rods in the jeep somehow

RDoverland

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
I spend a lot of time at Robert Moses, Gilgo Beach and Sore thumb in Long Island. I’m an annual permit holder every year. I fish there very often in the summer, almost every weekend and sometimes on Mondays. I use a roof rack to secure my fishing rods. I always have 4 with me( wife and kids).

StartedWith97TJ

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUD Rubicon w/ SOT
At least 100 times. It is a pain, even when hitting small ponds near home.

These seem well built. I am not sure how often I would run them without poles, but when needed they seem awesome.

Keep Jeep’n

brent185

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubi, 2024 Rubi
are the fenders/hood really the best location for rods? Seems it could be quite awkward and problematic. Why not just strap them to the roof? Top or no top - just seems like an easier and safer spot than bouncing free in the front.

OP
OP
X-Rack

X-Rack

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I spend a lot of time at Robert Moses, Gilgo Beach and Sore thumb in Long Island. I’m an annual permit holder every year. I fish there very often in the summer, almost every weekend and sometimes on Mondays. I use a roof rack to secure my fishing rods. I always have 4 with me( wife and kids).
I hope to see you out on the sand, I am a permit holder too.

Sponsored

OP
OP
X-Rack

X-Rack

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
are the fenders/hood really the best location for rods? Seems it could be quite awkward and problematic. Why not just strap them to the roof? Top or no top - just seems like an easier and safer spot than bouncing free in the front.
If you are traveling with long surf rods, they don't fit inside and not everyone has a roof rack to put them on or if you are like me, don't want a roof rack to keep top open. They are quite stable at highway speeds. We provide a gear tie to wrap the poles in the holders to eliminate any movement at highway speeds.

Riperoo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Sahara Altitude Diesel
Any chance these work with a fly rod? And/or are the rod holders able to be swapped out? even with a little tweaking, are they bolted on to the mounting brakets, or fixed?

Dlit

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL Recon
Clubs

Introducing X-Rack with a Jeep JL Wrangler Forum Giveaway!

Greetings, Jeep JL Enthusiasts! We're thrilled to join this vibrant community as a new member and sponsor of the forum. To kickstart our journey here, we couldn't think of a better way than by hosting a special giveaway featuring one of our products.

About X-Rack

X-Rack is a proud USA-based manufacturer located on Long Island, NY, specializing in top-notch hitch cargo racks, accessories, and a range of fishing gear. Our products are renowned for their robust all-aluminum construction and innovative features that set them apart from the competition. The best part? Our systems are modular, allowing you to adapt them for various adventures, including camping, fishing and ski/snow gear to name a few.

We're excited to make this our first of hopefully many interactions with you. So, without further ado, let's dive into the details of what you could win!

**Prize**: https://www.xrack.us/product/x-rocket-jeep-wrangler-jl-gladiator-hood-mount-fishing-rod-holders/

Our X-Rocket fishing rod holders are crafted entirely from aluminum and come equipped with a secure locking bar to keep your valuable rods in place. You can choose between single rod holders for the left or right side, or opt for the double rod holders. Plus, the hood can be easily opened even when the double rod holders are installed. These rod holders also feature a removable PVC insert to accommodate larger fishing poles. The no drill installation is easy as changing the hood latch. Simply remove the lower hood latch, add our support bracket behind the fender to an existing bolt, then add our mounting bracket with hood latch. It is that easy. For high fender models like Rubicon and Willys, we have an new bracket coming in a few weeks. This bracket will include a new set of Hood Latches to work with the tight space of the fender.

The lucky winner will receive:

- 2 double rod holders (left and right side)
- 4 Gear tie twist ties
- An X-Rack swag bag filled with goodies!

**How to Win**:

Simply reply to this post by 9:00 PM EST on April 26th with the number of times you've experienced the frustration of trying to squeeze your fishing rod into your vehicle, even if it's zero. We'll select a random winner from the replies. Keep an eye on the forum for the winner announcement, and we'll also notify them directly to arrange shipping.

But wait, there's more! To make everyone feel like a winner, we're offering an exclusive 10% discount to all forum members. Just use the code JJLGIVE10 at checkout.

**Link to Prize**: https://www.xrack.us/product/x-rocket-jeep-wrangler-jl-gladiator-hood-mount-fishing-rod-holders/

Best of luck to all participants, and welcome aboard the X-Rack adventure!
Jeep Wrangler JL Do you go fishing with your Jeep?  X-Rocket Fishing Rod Holders Giveaway! 1712090686744-uf
Jeep Wrangler JL Do you go fishing with your Jeep?  X-Rocket Fishing Rod Holders Giveaway! 1712090686744-uf

Always have a problem getting fishing gear organized and in jeep
Sponsored