Sponsored

Do you get unsolicited compliments on your Jeep?

Tethmes

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLWS
Occupation
Management
I got a wave from a lady who was almost run over walking down the middle of the road in dark, non-reflective clothes this morning... She must have had some sort of accident in a shop or with a chainsaw or something, her hand only had one finger. Seemed like she really liked my Jeep though, nice lady.
Sponsored

Zebulon

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
The feature that gets most attention are the vintage looking Jeep wheels, though. I had complete strangers come over to strike a conversation when I pull up at a gas station of walk away from the Jeep at a parking lot.

What compliments does your Jeep get?

Hereā€™s a couple photos to make it official
98FC9E4B-19D1-4740-89B2-B13B3AFDD569.jpeg
I had planned on those exact wheels being a must-have for when I got my Jeep. But I planned on buying a red, blue, or yellow Jeep. I ended up finding a perfect one in white and donā€™t quite think the white on white is what Iā€™m going for. But I sure do love those wheels!

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I had planned on those exact wheels being a must-have for when I got my Jeep. But I planned on buying a red, blue, or yellow Jeep. I ended up finding a perfect one in white and donā€™t quite think the white on white is what Iā€™m going for. But I sure do love those wheels!
White on white will look great, too.
Jeep Wrangler JL Do you get unsolicited compliments on your Jeep? 1672675060373

You can also get them in black.
Jeep Wrangler JL Do you get unsolicited compliments on your Jeep? 1672674919097

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
There was a young couple walking and she yelled nice Jeep as I began my right hand turn. Gave them a thumbs up and enjoyed the smile it put on my face. O|||||||O

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I do all the time and itā€™s been good for my mental health. I donā€™t mean that in a narcissist way. But it helps with connecting to people and making small talk when others initiate first. The Jeep and the community is like therapy, while being cheaper then actual therapy.

Little context. I have some trauma as a teen that caused me to mostly isolate and was homeless as a young adult into my mid 20s. Not hardcore homeless, aways had a car. With that said, my social skills and confidence suffered. The Jeep helps make connections and forces me to interact with people on the bases of a common interest.

This is something you donā€™t really get with other vehicles. No one compliments a basic F-150 or beat up Volvo station wagonā€¦ On my previous Jeep, I was aways getting compliments about the seats, sometimes wheels. New one is exterior color. Hereā€™s pictures of the two.

Hello, Steven. I have asked about your old info where it said kind of homeless before. I was glad when you told me you had a new job in Florida and a place to stay. I think it was a new job.

I understand past things in life. I have had a stutter most of my life. They say it started when my mother left when I was 3 years old. I have been to many speech therapists and even went to the famous one at SMU during the early Seventies. None ever figured out why it never stopped but I live with it today.

I see other Jeepers and we talk about our Jeeps. Most understand like most people but I still deal with people who don't understand.

I am glad you have comfort with your Jeep.

Sponsored

Andric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sahara High Altitude 4xe
I've had a few folks come up and complement my new blue 4xe - never had that on the old grey sahara 3.6

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
Happy New Year everyone!

Owning a Jeep is unlike most vehicles out there. Jeep Wranglers are highly visible and most of us enjoy the attention ā€”and the validationā€” that comes with it.

About twice a month I get a thumbs up from someone stopped in the next lane.

In the three years Iā€™ve owned my Sahara a dozen people complimented my Firecracker Red.

The feature that gets most attention are the vintage looking Jeep wheels, though. I had complete strangers come over to strike a conversation when I pull up at a gas station of walk away from the Jeep at a parking lot.

Just last night we were driving to a New Year celebration. When we come to a stop light, a couple in a white Ram 1500 next to us waves, points at my front wheel and gives me the thumbs up. They kept talking to each other, smiling and pointing at the wheel, until the wife pulled out her phone and took a photo before the light turned green. It was kinda funny.

I get compliments on the raised white letters less frequently but still some.

All our kids have redeeming qualities thay get the waves, and the "nice Jeep " comments. Even sometimes folks will leave a little rubber ducky. But mostly they are our kids and we love them all.

20230102_134433.jpg

20230102_134459.jpg

20230102_134506.jpg

AussieJLOverland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Overland Unlimited
I get alot of compliments on our Wrangler, usually when stopped & filling up with fuel or in a carpark as well as alot of head turns & thumbs up while driving but what gives me the greatest kick is watching the little kids looking at it in awe while pointing at it & telling anyone who will listen that the Jeep is cool lol. I always get a kick out of the little kids reactions & it makes my day.

20220406_123434.jpg

Sponsored

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
Happy New Year everyone!

Owning a Jeep is unlike most vehicles out there. Jeep Wranglers are highly visible and most of us enjoy the attention ā€”and the validationā€” that comes with it.

About twice a month I get a thumbs up from someone stopped in the next lane.

In the three years Iā€™ve owned my Sahara a dozen people complimented my Firecracker Red.

Just last night we were driving to a New Year celebration. When we come to a stop light, a couple in a white Ram 1500 next to us waves, points at my front wheel and gives me the thumbs up. They kept talking to each other, smiling and pointing at the wheel, until the wife pulled out her phone and took a photo before the light turned green. It was kinda funny.

I get compliments on the raised white letters less frequently but still some.

I'm same, Aldo. I routinely get compliments on both the color and the added decals. Lost count of how many times I've been ducked. I understand that both Mojito! and decals are a love it or leave it thing for each individual, and I totally respect that. The color really stands out, though, and I've really grown to love it. It is rare (5% of output) and makes finding my Jeep in a crowded parking lot rather easy...:CWL: I've had folks give me the thumbs-up multiple times and one guy at a stoplight motioned for me to roll down the window. He wanted to know if that was available factory paint or custom. Said he loved it. Bottom line: All Wranglers look awesome, but the bright colors just stand out from among the pack of white/grey/black/silver (all due respect).

For the record, I love Firecracker Red, and yours with the vintage-look wheels is pretty excellent.

IMG20221001142341 Cropped.jpg

LDYDRVN

First Name
Lois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Wrangler
I get compliments on my Jeep mostly while Iā€™m in a drive-through line, most remarks are about the color. My previous car, an Inferno Red Chrysler 300cSRT, I got a few compliments. However, my husband got tons of remarks about HIS car but he immediately corrected them that the car was his wifeā€™s.

E6B62CFC-4D01-49AC-B864-5653E42F8760.jpeg

0F2FD823-7B4B-4776-BB43-7D67A17F755C.jpeg

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for sending CarbonSteel. Outstanding...I really think this is my favorite on the forum. Love the look!
Many thanks for the kind words!

Deleted member 59498

This one is at the local dealer, it is like wow! Hurts the eyes almost. Guess you love it or not deal. It is just "boom look at me!" High velocity is different for sure.

Jeep Wrangler JL Do you get unsolicited compliments on your Jeep? Screenshot 2023-01-02 182219
Sponsored