Sponsored

Do you all have bow like this with level spacers?

93civEJ1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
So, I recently installed an Alloy 1.5 (same as Daystar 1.5) level kit on top of my rubicon springs on my Sport S Max. Ive had it on for about a week now. Yesterday i decided to look underneath and noticed that the driver side has a slight bowing of the spring. The passenger side looks fine.
I have verified that spring is in perches correctly, and isolators are in correct position.
What is it, that causes the spring bow, and what would cause it to really only be one side?

I know there are aftermarket perches you can buy to help correct this (RK, daystar, etc), but do they really resolve the problem? What if the problem is really only on one side?

Thoughts? First is driver side, second is passenger side.

Jeep Wrangler JL Do you all have bow like this with level spacers? F56A9080-3DCD-4F9A-8095-506E5329770FD
Jeep Wrangler JL Do you all have bow like this with level spacers? 3EA7201E-7DF3-465D-A068-F2F4553AF89CP
Sponsored

OP
OP
93civEJ1

93civEJ1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would an axle that is favored more to the driver side a little over 1/4” inch have any play in that??

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
The front axle may now track off center (to the left) due to the track bar geometry change. You may need an adjustable track bar.

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Black Rubicon, LOD Signature Mid Width Bumper, Smittybilt Gen 3 12000 Lb. Winch Syn. Rope, Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit, Weather Tech Form Fit Mats, ROAM MK 3 Frame Mounted Rock Rails
I have Teraflex 2" front and 1" rear on my JLUR that have been on for many months and my springs have no issues of any kind. Still have stock track bars and shocks and close to 18K miles

OP
OP
93civEJ1

93civEJ1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wouldnt think the track bar would cause this on the one side.
The only other thing I can think of, is maybe checking into the correction perches offered by daystar / rock krawler etc.

Sponsored

OP
OP
93civEJ1

93civEJ1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
alright. I just got through popping in some daystar correct pads for mopar coils. I must say I am happy, and now my springs look good.

Could be just my mind, but it feels like it rides a little better and maybe popped the front up a smidge.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I'm having the same issue in another thread. Spring correction pads are on the way for install this weekend. Good to know I'm not crazy. I do have adjustable trackbar and control arms so my axle is centered.

OP
OP
93civEJ1

93civEJ1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here are after pics. Passenger side and then driver side.
Jeep Wrangler JL Do you all have bow like this with level spacers? C4956D69-DB06-453E-9972-9276A6ABC272
Jeep Wrangler JL Do you all have bow like this with level spacers? 2024F331-D7B0-4380-87BB-5A36FB168081

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, fixed it right up!

OP
OP
93civEJ1

93civEJ1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm having the same issue in another thread. Spring correction pads are on the way for install this weekend. Good to know I'm not crazy. I do have adjustable trackbar and control arms so my axle is centered.
Hopefully that takes care of yours. It seems to on mine. It was quick and easy to do.

Sponsored

Sarpeth

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
I just purchased a 4xe which is about 700lbs heavier than a normal Rubicon. The dealer added a 2" lift kit. After running a trail there was a clunking sound. I took it back to the dealership and they said that my front passenger spring was bowing and hitting the front bumper. They also said that there is currently no solution for this but the mopar engineers are working on a fix. In the meantime I am unable to go 4 wheeling. Any advice?

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I just purchased a 4xe which is about 700lbs heavier than a normal Rubicon. The dealer added a 2" lift kit. After running a trail there was a clunking sound. I took it back to the dealership and they said that my front passenger spring was bowing and hitting the front bumper. They also said that there is currently no solution for this but the mopar engineers are working on a fix. In the meantime I am unable to go 4 wheeling. Any advice?
Id like to know how its hitting the front bumper, theres no way the spring is bowing that much to hit it. Sway bar possibly, tire maybe, frame maybe. My guess is its bowing and rubbing on the bumpstop tube . Get some correction pads and a track bar

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Also you can 4 wheel, the bowing really wont hurt anything besides your mind when you look at it and it looks stupid. Just as long as its not getting caught on a brake line or anything like that it wont hurt anything. Also find yourself a new place that knows what they are doing, because they obviously dont

Sarpeth

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Everything is warrantied through the Jeep dealership and I am at there mercy, seemingly? They told me that the clunking sound was from the spring rubbing something. The service agent probably got confused from what the tech told him? This thing is supposed to go down the trail silently not clunking... Should I advise them on options because they are telling me the 2 inch lift for my vehicle can no longer be purchased due to this problem and that the mopar engineers are working on a fix or they maybe they are fos.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Everything is warrantied through the Jeep dealership and I am at there mercy, seemingly? They told me that the clunking sound was from the spring rubbing something. The service agent probably got confused from what the tech told him? This thing is supposed to go down the trail silently not clunking... Should I advise them on options because they are telling me the 2 inch lift for my vehicle can no longer be purchased due to this problem and that the mopar engineers are working on a fix or they maybe they are fos.
I get the warranty thing, but They are full of it, you can get that lift anywhere really, its just an incomplete lift in my opinion. You can suggest the items to them, or have them purchase them and put them on for you, but track bars and some correction pads will really fix it. The guy probably did get confused as to what the tech said, but thats bad communication.

Forgot you had the 4xe, Im unsure if they have a separate kit just for the 4xe though and maybe they do have other issues with the springs for those. But typically the bowing is just because of the collapsed spring pd and the rk or daystar ones will correct it and the track bar is needed to recenter the axle
Sponsored