Sponsored

Do we have a pic of the engine bay with a 3.6L Pentastar?

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Do we have a pic of the engine bay with a 3.6L Pentastar? I'm curious how it differs in layout to the JK
Sponsored

OP
OP
TroyBoy

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I hope there's still enough room there on the passenger side for a dual battery kit.

OP
OP
TroyBoy

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I hope there's still enough room there on the passenger side for a dual battery kit.
Good question and I was also wondering about the ARB onboard air.

Sponsored

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
Doesn't look like there is. Is this yet another f :swear: up by Jeep? I surely hope not.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Hmmm. If you move the power steering reservoir where it's sitting here, it looks like you can stick an aftermarket tray there and possibly squeeze another battery in. But yeah, it's funny how what's technically a larger engine bay with what should be the same size engine seems to have lost a lot of real estate. There's so much extra room on the passenger side of the JK, but it's totally gone here.

I wouldn't worry too much. The aftermarket will work it out. They always do.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not overly picky about underhood aesthetics, but having just looked over a 2017 JK's engine bay, then looking at this, I have to ask: Why did they go from a nice looking engine cover for the 3.6 to this new one that looks like a rear shot of a chubby elf bent over with "3.6" and "Jeep" where his bung hole should be? I like the old engine cover better. I know this one gives better access for maintenance, but it is nothing to pull the old one off. I really don't care that much about it, but am just curious as to why the change.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not overly picky about underhood aesthetics, but having just looked over a 2017 JK's engine bay, then looking at this, I have to ask: Why did they go from a nice looking engine cover for the 3.6 to this new one that looks like a rear shot of a chubby elf bent over with "3.6" and "Jeep" where his bung hole should be? I like the old engine cover better. I know this one gives better access for maintenance, but it is nothing to pull the old one off. I really don't care that much about it, but am just curious as to why the change.
I'm gonna go with engine cooling. No sense having fancy hood vents if the plastic engine cover still holds in the heat.

ThrillerR1

First Name
Tee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 4Runner V8, 2008 Z06, 2009 R1, 2015 Tenere
Any additional pics out there? I'm checking to see how much room there is for an air compressor under the hood.

Sponsored

stuckzilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Rubicon 2013, TJ 1999, Commander XK 2006

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Yeah there's already two batteries and a power distribution box crammed into the passenger side. I don't see how it would be possible to add yet another battery over there.

However, I noticed looking at mine that the air intake system is a big cobbled up restrictive mess, so if a guy used an aftermarket CAI you might, just maybe make enough room.

The driver side has slightly more space, but it too has a lot of components in the way. Here's mine.

20180414_105013[1].jpg

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Yep the access is great. Easiest vehicle I've ever seen to do an oil change on. Also, less engine cover equals less heat. Lots of guys were taking their JK covers off and leaving them off.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
YUP, I don't see any reason/need for another battery--

She comes with a dual battery setup and evidentally engineered to charge/discharge successfully, even though one battery(LOWER) is only half the size of the primary-

Them jeep dudes is smart-

Whatever

JIMBO