Sponsored

Do the rear seats fold flush on the JLU?

kurt13

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JLU Rubi/4Runner
For the price we have to pay for a Rubicon, FCA should include this guy who goes around with you everywhere you go and lays there and pushes the seat flatter. :movember:

6502.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nihkole

Nihkole

First Name
Nichole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL 3.0 Diesel, 2000 Chevrolet Camaro
For the price we have to pay for a Rubicon, FCA should include this guy who goes around with you everywhere you go and lays there and pushes the seat flatter. :movember:

6502.jpg
Hahaha I saw that photo and was like ... Not going to say anything

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
OP, on another thread concerning the JLU's middle read seat's headrest, a responder pointed to removing this headrest altogether and achieving a flatter (if not flat) presence to the folded JLU's back seats.

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
The JLU storage space is bigger than the JKU.
hella-yella-2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-rubicon-37-jpg.jpg
I haven't been able to find one, but haven't looked long: is there any aftermarket option to lock that space in a JKU (and hopefully a JLU)? I use a Bestop trunk in my LJ but that looks large enough to accommodate the few things I can fit in there.

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC

Sponsored

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have the distance from the back of the front seats to the inner surface of the tailgate for the JL (i.e. 2-door) model? From looking at the dimensions on the JL, it seems to be the same overall length as the XJ that I used to own and with the rear seat folded up, I was able to put some foam padding back there and my wife and daughter could sleep there when we were on long road trips. My wife had to sleep at an angle though, IIRC. I've found that the secret to a long road trip with my wife is her sleeping through as much of it as possible since all she cares about is arriving at the destination.

Life is a journey. We all start off with the same endpoints. What is important is the road we take between those endpoints. Personally, I want to take the most indirect route possible. If I'm lucky, I'll get lost somewhere along the way and never even arrive at the final destination. :)

Also, is there any more room available fore to aft when the rear seat is removed vs when it is just folded? With the XJ, you did gain a couple more inches if you completely removed the rear seats instead of just folding them up.
Sponsored

Last edited: